Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  War with Syria?  (Read 605 times)

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
Re: War with Syria?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »
Lets reverse this. If Syria bombed the US, the US would consider that an act of war correct? As would any country. Declaration or not is irrelevant.
Exactly Craig.

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 10:09:41 PM »
Lets reverse this. If Syria bombed the US, the US would consider that an act of war correct? As would any country. Declaration or not is irrelevant.
that's true. The us would declare it an act of war.
Bombing Syria will probably cause things to get worse. But in the other hand, Syria knows what they have done wrong.
If the US started gassing their own people, wouldn't other countries get involved to stop them from doing this? Wouldn't they bomb the US from gassing their own people? considering the US would be breaking international law?
correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't you think Russia or China would step in and stop the US Government from killing their own people? especially killing them in a very illegal way.

nobody just lets these things slip through and get ignored.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:14:01 PM by Short Pants »
I'm an Architect

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 10:17:28 PM »
especially killing them in a very illegal way.
as opposed to a not very illegal way?

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
Bombing Syria will probably cause things to get worse. But in the other hand, Syria knows what they have done wrong.
If the US started gassing their own people, wouldn't other countries get involved to stop them from doing this? Wouldn't they bomb the US from gassing their own people? considering the US would be breaking international law?
correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't you think Russia or China would step in and stop the US Government from killing their own people? especially killing them in a very illegal way.

Yes, but attacking another country would result in an even worse circumstance.

"Oh, this country is killing their people?? lets go bomb and kill their people to stop them from killing their people" It just doesn't make sense
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »
NO, he's not bombing them. NO, he's not going to war with them. Wait, where did you hear that Obama's whole reason to become president was to stop the wars? Of course he doesn't want to go to war. No one likes war. Russia proposed to SYRIA that if they hand over the chemical weapons that, U.S. will not take any military action and will back of.

russia stole the idea form john kerry, litterly callign kerrys bluff.

john kerry the usa secratary of state said that if syira handed over al its wepaons the use would not attack.
the joek is team obama never thougth this woudl happen.

unless of coruse this was all planed form the start. yes this woudl make it a conperacy thery.
basickly obama is makign a big hopla over this now, amd threatign war. but then kerry threw out the if they trun wepaons over. so now russia gets to come in and be the hero and save every oen by takign ashaids weapons. thus apeasing the russia bear.

again just a conpsracy thery tho ;D
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 10:36:26 PM »
russia stole the idea form john kerry, litterly callign kerrys bluff.

john kerry the usa secratary of state said that if syira handed over al its wepaons the use would not attack.
the joek is team obama never thougth this woudl happen.

unless of coruse this was all planed form the start. yes this woudl make it a conperacy thery.
basickly obama is makign a big hopla over this now, amd threatign war. but then kerry threw out the if they trun wepaons over. so now russia gets to come in and be the hero and save every oen by takign ashaids weapons. thus apeasing the russia bear.

again just a conpsracy thery tho ;D
Consperacy theories are always interesting to think about, but I don't believe that one is true :P
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »

hes not taking military action, but he is going to bomb them.

also jet, Syria is not planning on handing over their weapons to Russia, so Obama bombing Syria seems like the only logical chance of ending chemical warfare going on there.

I don't necessarily agree with what Obama said, but that's what he was basically going at

shorts that first part rigth there........

any who i have been talkign about this for a looooooooooooooooong time in the saw this thread.
shorts its a lose lose for us, the rebeals are mainly radical jihaidists who wish us harm, as well as groups like alkiada, you remmber alkida dont you?
so if we bobm asiad we are helping alkiada and the peopel who want to kil us. these rbels you can fidn on yotube still probly, of the rebel leader cutting a mans chest open while he was alive and eating his heart. of the rebels lining up unarmed mena dn shoting them in the head. these are the peopel we want to help?
igrnoring asiad is using his troops to protect christion and moderate muslum towns form these barbariaons.

so lets saw we even go in and bobm a few places........so what? asiad is still in power, he could very wel still have more cheimcal weapons. what do we do if he uses them again? do we put boots on the ground? do we really want another middle eastern war? and this time of all things over a civil war there having.....
wasting our money and our lives for what? to stop a civil war we have nothign to do with?

but then you all tell me but agy but agy they used chemical wepaons!
who used chemical wepaons? we knwo they were used but theres no proof it was asaids forces. and it looks bad for the rebels sicne they were attckign the un inspectors there to see if eh did use them.

why must w go in now? becuse someone used chemical wepaons to kill 1k people? what about the over 100k peopel who have died now for over 2 years, do they not count? its now not how many are dead but the manner of witch they are killed?

why stop at syira? we shoudl go into eery hot spot then, liek eygpity where cristains are hunted in the streets, were nuns are raped. why arnt we there yet? why do we get to pick and chose witch new crissies we have to waist are lives for?

syira is not iraw and afganistan. this will be a much more brutal war when and if it comes. the us mainstay for power is our supsiraior air force. syria has extreamly advance anti air wepaons maned by RUSSIA soilders. not to metions russia has its largist base out side of russia in syria. the nightmare of a proxiy war with russia is bad enough.

emagin if we have to set foto in there and iran/russia/china/insert terrosit groups here figth back.
china is alreayd saying there gona brign down the world market with all there power if we attack, iran is sayign they will retailait, russia is all btu sayign it too.
they knwo we are weak now, after such long wars and a bad economy, and they know dear leader (obama) is VERY weak when it comes to forion affirs, so is his staff. remmber john kerry our sectary of state is the same guy who was before congress destrying our troops during the veinatam war. is now tellign us to go to war with syira.........

if we go into syira it may well be the start of ww3, and its a war we may not win with the current state of amrica.

think its cool to always rag on amrica? wait till russia/china/islamist take over. you will beg for us to be back.

anywho

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »

shorts this "international law" tht keeps getting brougth up, it was made and signed by countrys after ww1, syria never signed it, so there forer there nto tehcincakly breakign any "laws"

Edit: assumign it was even syria that did it and not the rebels or another soruce.

o another thing, i saw a cuple times about obama can go to war even with otu congress.
thats only a half truth. i belive its called the war powers act, giving the presidnet the abilty to go to war with otu congres. but its only to be used when theres a clear and present danager to amairca...........witch there isint atm form syria (the country its sself, not those insane rebels)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:41:45 PM by Agykoo »

anywho

TacitGrunt

• Disciple of Tigerhawk
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TacitGrunt
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 05:15:38 AM »
In 1993 the Chemical Weapons Convention(CVC) was drafted and signed. It outlawed, not only the use of chemical weapons, but the production and stockpiling of them as well. Assad has broken all 3 of these worldwide laws and still people don't see a cause for war, not to mention he used them on his own people. At the very least he should be removed and should stand trial.

Let's get something straight, I don't think the US should start a war with Syria, I think the world should. Has Assad not used chemical weapons I would say let them fight it out, their civil war is their problem. But by using chemical weapons, it's now the world's problem.

It's ironic, the only government willing to help stop Assad's atrocities is the US. The world has come to England's rescue 2 times in the past 100 years and they won't even return the favour? Not to mention most of the rest of Europe has needed help as well.

Lastly, this agreement Russia has come up with is ridiculous. Giving up the rest of his chemical weapons is not an adequate punishment for breaking 3 world wide laws.

^--Made by Shakez                            Made by Me--V

Check out my map: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=1864.0

BeardedSHROOMS

• View Profile
  • Xbox: BeardedSHROOMS
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 05:38:47 AM »
In 1993 the Chemical Weapons Convention(CVC) was drafted and signed. It outlawed, not only the use of chemical weapons, but the production and stockpiling of them as well. Assad has broken all 3 of these worldwide laws and still people don't see a cause for war, not to mention he used them on his own people. At the very least he should be removed and should stand trial.

Let's get something straight, I don't think the US should start a war with Syria, I think the world should. Has Assad not used chemical weapons I would say let them fight it out, their civil war is their problem. But by using chemical weapons, it's now the world's problem.

It's ironic, the only government willing to help stop Assad's atrocities is the US. The world has come to England's rescue 2 times in the past 100 years and they won't even return the favour? Not to mention most of the rest of Europe has needed help as well.

Lastly, this agreement Russia has come up with is ridiculous. Giving up the rest of his chemical weapons is not an adequate punishment for breaking 3 world wide laws.
So as long as he uses conventional weapons to murder people its OK? We have no business inserting ourselves into yet another conflict in the middle east.