Author Topic:  The Greenstone Warrior (Mob/skin idea)  (Read 1888 times)

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
The Greenstone Warrior (Mob/skin idea)
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
The Greenstone Warrior, is a knight like character that I thought of, and feel like it would be nice as an mob in the game. I'm still trying to think everything through on it, so ideas on how to improve it would be nice. I understand newer mobs and skins won't be added until we get the model update, so this idea is for the future when we get that.

I thought of how all the mobs in the game were mystical like creatures, such as the djiin, or the dryad, or even giant spiders that want me dead for reasons unkown, then I thought, why aren't there any mobs like knights and such. The mob could be a boss like character, having much larger amounts of health than the other mobs, or could be a friendly mob that you can interact with, and maybe have as a follower like character.

More ideas were forged in the shoutbox, so here's where I'll post those ideas I guess. He could use greenstone gold tools and weapons. In dig deep, defeating him would drop one random greenstone gold blue print, or all of them, it depends I guess. Maybe instead of defeating him for the blueprints, he could give quests to complete for the blueprints!

I even drew a concept art! :D
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:15:14 AM by The Gold Knight »

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Here since the beginning c:
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
Re: The Greenstone Warrior (Mob/skin idea)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
This sounds like a cool Idea, love the concept art ^_^

Hmm, I personally would love it as a companion style character :O!!

I think maybe he should be a boss, on DD he might be at a certain layer.

Survival he spawns after a certain amount of time.

Creative he is spawnable and you can customize the condition's for it.

Now when you first meet him, he attacks you like a hostile mob. If you have greenstone you can offer it to him. if not you must run away or fight back , Once he accepts your greenstone or reacjes a certain level of health ( he is not killable maybe?)

Anyway after that, he will stop his attack and dissapear.
After you build him a shrine, and offer your greenstone to him he will appear once again :O!!!

Then he speaks saying that he is glad that he met a worthy warrior if you beat him or
"Thankyou for the offering" if you gave him greenstone ^_^

(sorry am rambling :( )

Maybe as your companion he can fight mobs for you, and just kinda be thier with him.

Befrending him could unlock say a blueprint or Item for you to use so you can summon him into battle?\

Would love to keep talking about this ^_^

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »
Before gk claims it I say he should use greenstone weapons as it seems appropiate :D

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:16:12 AM »
Before gk claims it I say he should use greenstone weapons as it seems appropiate :D
Your idea is in the main post! :3

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
Yay I contributed

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
This sounds like a cool Idea, love the concept art ^_^

Hmm, I personally would love it as a companion style character :O!!

I think maybe he should be a boss, on DD he might be at a certain layer.

Survival he spawns after a certain amount of time.

Creative he is spawnable and you can customize the condition's for it.

Now when you first meet him, he attacks you like a hostile mob. If you have greenstone you can offer it to him. if not you must run away or fight back , Once he accepts your greenstone or reacjes a certain level of health ( he is not killable maybe?)

Anyway after that, he will stop his attack and dissapear.
After you build him a shrine, and offer your greenstone to him he will appear once again :O!!!

Then he speaks saying that he is glad that he met a worthy warrior if you beat him or
"Thankyou for the offering" if you gave him greenstone ^_^

(sorry am rambling :( )

Maybe as your companion he can fight mobs for you, and just kinda be thier with him.

Befrending him could unlock say a blueprint or Item for you to use so you can summon him into battle?\

Would love to keep talking about this ^_^
it would be awesome to either have him as the final boss guarding the grenade launcher blueprint, or even help you fight the final boss. If total miner ever gets a story he should play a part in it

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:28:19 PM »
he could use a long two sided greenstone battleaxe. I'm sure once animations come out there can be a awesome animation for it. Would allow him to strike twice as fast, and he could even split it in half and use 2 battle axes.

#BanAtlas

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »
Ever played runescape? thin he should be like torags from there. 2 hammers and have the same attack style as torags dose.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Kitty

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 02:14:54 AM »
it would be awesome to either have him as the final boss guarding the grenade launcher blueprint, or even help you fight the final boss. If total miner ever gets a story he should play a part in it
Ohhh that sounds interesting.

I don't feel as if the grenade launcher blueprint suits him though.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 10:10:08 AM »
Ohhh that sounds interesting.

I don't feel as if the grenade launcher blueprint suits him though.
then the greenstone battleaxe blueprint? Maybe you can fight him at the second cave level(oasis)

#BanAtlas

Kitty

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 03:32:47 AM »
then the greenstone battleaxe blueprint? Maybe you can fight him at the second cave level(oasis)
Yeah that sounds good ^_^

Oasis for sure imo.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »
Yeah that sounds good ^_^

Oasis for sure imo.
yeah the oasis has serpentine which is already green, and greenstone can spawn below the first lava level. Should he have a castle? Maybe he can have a square wooden house with no windows
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:14:28 AM by Atlas »

#BanAtlas

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
yeah the oasis has serpentine which is already green, and greenstone can spawn below the first lava level. Should he have a castle? Maybe he can have a square wooden house with no windows
Like this one?

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »
Like this one?

exactly like that one. That looks like perfect greenstone warrior material. Maybe when you fight him he can yell things like "I dont have a problem" or "its so the mobs can't shoot me"

#BanAtlas

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
Maybe once quests are added there can be a quest to convince him to stop building square houses. So you go down, tell him to stop, and it starts a boss fight. Then when you beat him and come back two days later he will have a palace.

#BanAtlas