Author Topic:  War Of Worlds! Robotic Avatar Contest Winners  (Read 4225 times)

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
Re: War Of Worlds! Robotic Avatar Contest Winners
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »
Yup, the spelling is correct. Double 'n', one 't' :)
is the spelling for mine correct? lol jk xD

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »
I'll give the main reasons why the winning maps won.

A Blue Gecko
This map is a visual feast. It is a real pleasure to just walk around it and take in the all the colors and fun designs. There are many interesting little quirks in the map. The owner spent a lot of time not only building the map, but hosting it as well. We love that because it helps show others what can be done in the game and encourages the community to particpate.

Deaths Touch
This map has a unique scale allowing the creator to show amazing detail with each feature in the build. Each feature has been beautifully designed, and overall, aesthetically this map is one of a kind.

Get Inn The Jet
This map did not win because it was one of the most beautiful or creative builds. It was chosen because the idea behind the map was an innovative community based build. We love that idea.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:23:47 PM by Craig »

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
Yup, the spelling is correct. Double 'n', one 't' :)
Thank you for confirming :)
I'll give the main reasons why the winning maps won.

A Blue Gecko
This map is a visual feast. It is a real pleasure to just walk around it and take in the all the colors and fun designs. There are many interesting little quirks in the map. The owner spent a lot of time not only building the map, but hosting it as well. We love that because it helps show others what can be done in the game and encourages the community to particpate.

Deaths Touch
This map has a unique scale allowing the creator to show amazing detail with each feature in the build. Each feature has been beautifully designed, and overall, aesthetically this map is one of a kind.

Get Inn The Jet
This map did not win because it was one of the most beautiful or creative builds. It was chosen because the idea behind the map was an innovative community based build. We love that idea.

Ahh, was wondering how I got in there. Glad the Team liked and appreciated the idea. Thanks for letting us know Craig :)
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 10:35:47 PM »
Thank you for confirming :)
Ahh, was wondering how I got in there. Glad the Team liked and appreciated the idea. Thanks for letting us know Craig :)
RF everytime I have good idea you took it by making a community map which I've thought of making so many times but you made the maps :,( but congrats 

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 10:39:49 PM »
RF everytime I have good idea you took it by making a community map which I've thought of making so many times but you made the maps :,( but congrats
I am not the first person to think of the idea of a community build itself, But I am one of the very few to pull it off successfully. Many have tried and failed to do it before me. The main reason I believe mine worked out so well is because instead of trusting the general public of the game, I put my trust in this forum. Look how well that idea turned out.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 01:20:02 AM »
I am not the first person to think of the idea of a community build itself, But I am one of the very few to pull it off successfully. Many have tried and failed to do it before me. The main reason I believe mine worked out so well is because instead of trusting the general public of the game, I put my trust in this forum. Look how well that idea turned out.
it turned out awesome. Sorry for putting my eyesore of a tower on the second, but I wanted to contribute in some way.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

CaptainScottMal

• Elite Member
  • Head of Liam's mining Inc. Best Buddy Scuppy 11.
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: CaptainScottMal
  • Steam: ZOMBIE_RULES_97
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 04:43:36 AM »
Congrats to jet deaths touch and a blue gecko on winning the contest I'll see you all in dig deep ;) and enjoy your avatars :)

DiamondBack662

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
To be Honest, if you couldn't use Components, everyone except Me, Deaths Touch, And Shortpants would Still be in, I Feel like Crai snowcone slapped me And TJUSTMEG in the Face, and to that I'm moving to Minecraft, blueberry OFF COMMUNITY

Welcome to the forum!

DiamondBack662

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »

Very correct. Jet made it work. Something others were not able to do in a short but colorful history of the game. I even built on the community map, something I never do nor probably ever will again.... Congrats to all the winners, all very good maps. Don't let robotic go to your heads... set a new standard of behavior.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 07:50:29 PM »
I even built on the community map, something I never do nor probably ever will again.... Congrats to all the winners, all very good maps. Don't let robotic go to your heads... set a new standard of behavior.
This Is exactly how i feel.
and yes you need to set a new standard of behavior for robotics, the last generation of robotics didn't turn out to well.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
To be Honest, if you couldn't use Components, everyone except Me, Deaths Touch, And Shortpants would Still be in, I Feel like Crai snowcone slapped me And TJUSTMEG in the Face, and to that I'm moving to Minecraft, blueberry OFF COMMUNITY

My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »

you could tell he was right because he used caps. Only people who are right use caps.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »
Ahhh, so it ends at last.

1. Deaths Touch- Man you earned it bro I said from the very beginning you would get a robotic, very beautiful map. Much deserved. He will be a good robot.

2. A blue geko! Wow this one is kinda a relief as this is the lucky guy I forfeited to (; I do love his map and the colors are awesome had a personal touch. He will be a good robot.

3. Get in the jet, I kinda understand why he got the robot. But if we look to the main theme of the contest (building contest) it's a little uneasy.
However congrats to you as well. Respect the robo and place it for others.

Welcome to the robo club! (;

DEATHS T0UCH

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DEATHS T0UCH
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »
Ahhh, so it ends at last.

1. Deaths Touch- Man you earned it bro I said from the very beginning you would get a robotic, very beautiful map. Much deserved. He will be a good robot.

2. A blue geko! Wow this one is kinda a relief as this is the lucky guy I forfeited to (; I do love his map and the colors are awesome had a personal touch. He will be a good robot.

3. Get in the jet, I kinda understand why he got the robot. But if we look to the main theme of the contest (building contest) it's a little uneasy.
However congrats to you as well. Respect the robo and place it for others.

Welcome to the robo club! (;

Yes you did and how glad am i you were right.
Thanx bud
NOT BAD FOR A BLIND MAN