Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Media still bringing up 9/11  (Read 418 times)

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
Media still bringing up 9/11
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »
Is this the right thing to do? Is it appropriate? Is it significant rememberance or a cheap trick? Should we move on? Can we?

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
Re: Media still bringing up 9/11
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Yes, it was a very sad experience for all of America and never will be forgotten. But, seriously it's one of many important parts of America's history. I think it is a good thing that they're finding this stuff from 9/11. Others may think different.

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
psh...the media. they will always try to bring up an old subject just to get even one more rating than they had before. all they do is grasp for attention. 9/11 is a tragedy, and should be remembered, but should be brought up on the media on one day. everybody in this world knows what 9/11 (well a majority) was and we should never forget the worst terrorist attack in history. i hate how the media just tries bringing up the subject in january, and could be the most unimportant thing too, perhaps : we found an old document in the new york subway system believed to be a paper from the old world trade center.: they make that more important news than an iraq bombing that killed over 500 people. (making this up. as an example)
The media can really screw with peoples minds as well, filling their brains with bs. perhaps america is the best country on the planet. (though it isn't. i find that a majority of countries are the same, just with pros and cons.)

i also hate when a tragedy happens, and they just use it to merchandise off of it, and make money instead of caring about what actually happened.
example, the boston bombings.
people wear shirts all over saying boston strong. i feel they only use that slogan now for cheap advertisement and merchandising. boston strong used to mean (and if it still does) that this city is strong, and we are not afraid of terrorists. we will recover and never forget. now they don't even care about the bombings, they care about your money. which i find ridiculous.
now don't you think they did this after 9/11? merchandising?

ps: i do not wish to offend anybody on this subject.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:43:18 PM by Short Pants »
I'm an Architect

EpiiKxReaPz

• View Profile
    • gyazo
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »
People say George. W bush did something. Which is possibly true who knows but if you watch the video when 9/11 happened the explosion STARTED from the bottom not the middle or wherever the planes crashed!

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:07 PM »
People say George. W bush did something. Which is possibly true who knows but if you watch the video when 9/11 happened the explosion STARTED from the bottom not the middle or wherever the planes crashed!
i think this is about the media, not conspiracy theories. unless i read ti wrong?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:03:43 PM by Short Pants »
I'm an Architect

EpiiKxReaPz

• View Profile
    • gyazo
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »
i think this is about the media, not conspiracy theories. unless i read ti wrong?
Forgot...

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 12:14:32 AM »

The "saw this" thread or a new thread for theories like this please.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 12:53:09 AM »
May I remind people that the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, which claimed the lives of over 2000 American soldiers and civilians, is not remembered well either.
Many do not remember to celebrate December 7th as "Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day" simply because it was too distant in the past, that it's more of a historic even rather than a tragedy.

I personally don't think we should really move on. It should be remembered as a day that changed the nation, just as Pearl Harbor did. It's not really an event that needs to be "gotten over" anymore than forgetting the lives lost at the Boston Marathon bombing, or the VA Tech massacre, or the elementary school shootings.
You make me smile!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
media and 9/11 go together like Christians and the bible. and i have the same response to both :)
and as far as pearl harbour go can't realy criticise either. they killed 2000 us MILITARY and then the US killed over 100,000 civilians/military in a bomb.

i hate the hole remember the past thing. seeming we normaly use them to cover up horrid things country's have done in the past.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »
eventually, 9/11 will be ignored, like the pearl harbor. this world has to move on because we shouldn't be still remembering and holding back tragedies that happened in the past, especially over 50 years ago. America was tough back then, and they moved on. lets hope we man up and move on from 9/11. I bet in 2025, kids won't even care about 9/11, act like it is pearl harbor to us today. (as in nobody thinks or cares that it happened) eventually, there will be a worse tragedy to strike america, and that will just kick 9/11 out of the way and give that tragedy all the attention the media craves.
things that happened in the past, should stay in the past. not to be carried on forever.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:18:45 AM by Short Pants »
I'm an Architect