Author Topic:  Anime Recommendations? (From old forum)  (Read 22765 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: Anime Recommendations? (From old forum)
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2015, 08:49:54 PM »
It is very serious, it also has a lot of symbolism you can pick up on if you like things with a deeper meaning than they first appear.

I'm into more serious amines myself, looking for something to watch currently in that tone.

I heard this was a good serious one too.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2015, 01:06:03 AM »
I've just started this one, and I quite enjoy it.

It's rather new, so there's not many episodes as it is.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:44:21 AM by The Gold Knight »

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2015, 01:35:49 AM »
New anime, Parasite ~The Maxim~

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: November 16, 2015, 09:46:55 PM »
I've just started this one, and I quite enjoy it.

It's rather new, so there's not many episodes as it is.

I see we share a common interest, my friend :3
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: November 16, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »
Alright boys and girls, time for my anime picks of the season!
1. One Punch Man
Maaaaaaan, this anime has the potential to be AoTY for me. God it's hilarious so far with a slightly serious story behind it. If you want to see an OP character who knows he is OP and comedy in the mix then this is your anime!
2. Sakurako San no Ashimoto no wa avocadoai ga Umayteiru
Hot damn, if you like mystery then do I have the show for you this season! Sakurako is visually stunning (at least it is to me) and it is very interesting so far, it's one of the shows that I look forward to every week.(Besides, Sakurako is a babe)
3. Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry
Out of the three battle school harem shows this season, I like this one the most. I feel like the romance is a bit better than the other two (yay for not having a sense mc!) and the fight scenes are sweet (Thank you Based Silver Link). I'm not saying the other two Battle school shows are bad, Asterisk is actually also sweet with some nasty behind the scenes politics going on.

Sorry for the poor reviews but I just wanted to put my two cents in for this season, there are a lot of sweet shows that I didn't mention above so here they are: Noragami Aragato, 2nd Season of Owari No Sereph, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

Dont scold me for my piss poor reveiws/horrible taste in anime
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »
I feel that this period of Anime is not to my taste at all which is a shame.

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Rikka

• A love where no one gets hurt doesn't exist
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fallen Lymiik
  • PSN: MonsterLymik
  • Steam: Lymiik
« Reply #336 on: November 17, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »
I haven't really been watching anime lately but today I decided to go ahead and fully watch something so I watched
Nanatsu no Taizai
"The Seven Deadly Sins"

In a world similar to the European Middle Ages, the feared yet revered Holy Knights of Britannia use immensely powerful magic to protect the region of Britannia and its kingdoms. However, a small subset of the Knights supposedly betrayed their homeland and turned their blades against their comrades in an attempt to overthrow the ruler of Liones. They were defeated by the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that these legendary knights, called the "Seven Deadly Sins," were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights themselves staged a coup d’état, and thus became the new, tyrannical rulers of the Kingdom of Liones.

Based on the best-selling manga series of the same name, Nanatsu no Taizai follows the adventures of Elizabeth, the third princess of the Kingdom of Liones, and her search for the Seven Deadly Sins. With their help, she endeavors to not only take back her kingdom from the Holy Knights, but to also seek justice in an unjust world.

A-1 Pictures
Episodes: 24
Genre: Action,Adventure,Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

A Season 2 has been announced for 2016

This is one of the animes that I could actually sit through and not look how much longer til I was finished with the episode, it had some pretty good fights in it which is something I always like.

So I would recommend this anime

Sig made by me
Steam: Lymiik
Tumblr: http://lymiik.tumblr.com
PSN: MonsterLymik
Battle.net: Lymiik#11710

amos

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
i'll keep watching Attack on Junior High even though i'd rather be watching Attack on Titan S3.. maybe by 2020.

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: January 21, 2016, 06:46:44 AM »
Hey! I felt like recommending a new anime that just came out this season, ERASED! (Here's the MAL link :3 :http://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi)
I really like this anime due to the cinematography, the great quality in the art style and animation, the great voice acting, the great OP and ED and it just keeps me wanting more after each episode. I can't wait to se the anime continue and hope the end will be just as good as these first few episodes. It does incorporate some more mature elements from what I've seen (Murder, abuse and kidnapping) due to the plot of the show. Overall I feel as though this will be one of the better animes of the season (who knows though, we still have 3 seasons left)
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Keaton Potatoes

• Elite Member
  • It's always Christmas in Gotham muhahaha
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Probadcop999
« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2016, 04:08:05 AM »
A good anime is Grimgar of fantasy and ash

Awaken... This is the only thing the youth of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar remember before awakening in an unknown building in a medieval landscape enshrouded in darkness. They don't remember anything besides their own names. What's stranger is that sometimes they catch themselves saying words that they don't understand, even though they seem so familiar. The group of strangers is told that in order to make a living, they would have to join the Reserve Army forces to keep the town safe from nearby monsters. The stronger looking people form a team to join the Reserve Army and depart, leaving Manato, Haruhiro, Ranta, Yume, Mogzo, and Shihoru to fend for themselves. But how will they get by if they can't even defeat the weakest of monsters? Born from the ashes of their old memories, the ragtag team of six start a new life in the world of Grimgar.
I'm reading both the light novel and the manga and it's pretty good if you like the type.

I recommend fairytail ofc

http://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
This one is good too, the main character is killed while pushing a girl out of the way of a truck and later finds out it was a tractor and he died from shock instead, it's really funny

Kazuma Satou, a high school student, gamer and shut-in, died on an average day walking home from school, performing the one heroic act of his life. He reawakens in the afterlife, greeted by a beautiful but rude girl named Aqua, who claims to be a goddess that guides the youth whose lives got cut short. Aqua then offers him a choice: to go to heaven, or to get sent to a another world to defeat the Demon King. Of course, Kazuma's gamer instincts kick in, and he chooses to start a new life in a real-life RPG. There's one last choice Kazuma has to make: he is allowed the choice of one thing to take with him to the new world. After puzzling over it, he chooses...Aqua? Join Kazuma on his adventures as he tries to transfer his virtual gaming knowledge to real-life adventurer experience!

This is my watch list, you can tell what types of anime I like http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FairytailIsLove&status=7

If you like light novels there's this guy GM rusakus reading list, he has pretty similar tastes to me http://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=4603

If you're into manga I highly recommend happiness by oshimi shuzo
If manwha I recommend combat continent and combat continent 2 (I prefer #2)

If you can't tell already cuteness is justice!

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
A good anime is Grimgar of fantasy and ash

Awaken... This is the only thing the youth of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar remember before awakening in an unknown building in a medieval landscape enshrouded in darkness. They don't remember anything besides their own names. What's stranger is that sometimes they catch themselves saying words that they don't understand, even though they seem so familiar. The group of strangers is told that in order to make a living, they would have to join the Reserve Army forces to keep the town safe from nearby monsters. The stronger looking people form a team to join the Reserve Army and depart, leaving Manato, Haruhiro, Ranta, Yume, Mogzo, and Shihoru to fend for themselves. But how will they get by if they can't even defeat the weakest of monsters? Born from the ashes of their old memories, the ragtag team of six start a new life in the world of Grimgar.
I'm reading both the light novel and the manga and it's pretty good if you like the type.

I recommend fairytail ofc

http://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
This one is good too, the main character is killed while pushing a girl out of the way of a truck and later finds out it was a tractor and he died from shock instead, it's really funny

Kazuma Satou, a high school student, gamer and shut-in, died on an average day walking home from school, performing the one heroic act of his life. He reawakens in the afterlife, greeted by a beautiful but rude girl named Aqua, who claims to be a goddess that guides the youth whose lives got cut short. Aqua then offers him a choice: to go to heaven, or to get sent to a another world to defeat the Demon King. Of course, Kazuma's gamer instincts kick in, and he chooses to start a new life in a real-life RPG. There's one last choice Kazuma has to make: he is allowed the choice of one thing to take with him to the new world. After puzzling over it, he chooses...Aqua? Join Kazuma on his adventures as he tries to transfer his virtual gaming knowledge to real-life adventurer experience!

This is my watch list, you can tell what types of anime I like http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FairytailIsLove&status=7

If you like light novels there's this guy GM rusakus reading list, he has pretty similar tastes to me http://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=4603

If you're into manga I highly recommend happiness by oshimi shuzo
If manwha I recommend combat continent and combat continent 2 (I prefer #2)

If you can't tell already cuteness is justice!

Have you tried out ERASED from this season? If not I will be the first of many to say, you're missing out on an excellent anime!

Edit: also, excellent taste in anime, Konosuba and Grimgar are definitely in the top three of the season for me.
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
This is probably something I should have watched years ago but just only got around to seeing it a few weeks back. Fullmetal Alchemist. I really should have watched this back when it came out instead of putting it off till the present. All I can say is that I absolutely loved it. I went ahead and watched Brotherhood after I finished the original as well. Almost two completely different stories it seems but both of them were excellent and both worth watching. Not sure which one I liked better.

Needless to say if you have been putting it off like me then you should definitely get around to watching it. It will not disappoint.

amos

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2016, 12:50:12 PM »
Watching:

-Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn.

-Erased

-Heavy Object

-Iron-Blooded Orphans

-Grimgar

-Gate

Hopefully Attack on Titan season 3 later this year ~ woot!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:04:07 PM by amos »

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2016, 02:22:17 PM »
Watching:

-Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn.

-Erased

-Heavy Object

-Iron-Blooded Orphans

-Grimgar

-Gate

Hopefully Attack on Titan season 3 later this year ~ woot!

Great choices! I suggest trying out Ajin while it is CG the story gets a little dark and interesting with a sweet villain. What's Pandora about/how is it so far?
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!