Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [Other] Community Made Avatars (Unlockables)  (Read 12052 times)

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Community Made Avatars (Unlockables)
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
avatars will still be unlockables, aka do things to earn the avatars, the avatars need to be replaced as each avatar takes up alot of ram. so we can't improve them, and there all different shape and size which has there own complications.

in the future the plan is to have mine craft like cuboid's. as they are efficient.
also we can then make the armer actually appear on the avatars and not just as an invisible cloak.

hoping to have joins in the arms and knees so move well and to improve combat.

bone animation is coming but its a lot of work.
Craig is giving us a lot in the next update and future ones to distract us while he dose some serious work.

Thats the plan anyway to my knowledge. welcome to fill in the blanks.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
avatars will still be unlockables, aka do things to earn the avatars, the avatars need to be replaced as each avatar takes up alot of ram. so we can't improve them, and there all different shape and size which has there own complications.

in the future the plan is to have mine craft like cuboid's. as they are efficient.
also we can then make the armer actually appear on the avatars and not just as an invisible cloak.

hoping to have joins in the arms and knees so move well and to improve combat.

bone animation is coming but its a lot of work.
Craig is giving us a lot in the next update and future ones to distract us while he dose some serious work.

Maby in the future we could possible have our avatars in the game if they meet the requirements but there is a lot to do before that, just keep your avatars as ideas or make them for fun but don't expect anything soon. all the avatars will change a lot in the future.

Thats the plan anyway to my knowledge. welcome to fill in the blanks.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »
I wanna say it'll be like this:

We would have three primary sizes:
Tall
Medium
Small.

Each one of those would have the current avatars to be chose from. I.E /gk would be optional if you chose to equip the tall model. Sage if you chose the small model.
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

HiiPiie

• The Original Hippie of TM.
    • View Profile
    • http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=9rcnglgssnptc4qqjocqlresv7&topic=2300.msg24140#msg24140
  • Xbox: Treezo LaFlame
  • PSN: Svuce_God
  • Steam: The_Real_HiiPiie
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:02 AM »
The Hippy better be awesome Craig or ill cry until every world on TM floods with rainbow blocks. :D

"Follow the path of justice and receive hate, but follow the path of evil and you'll go down in history."
. - HiiPiie

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 02:32:56 AM »
I wanna say it'll be like this:

We would have three primary sizes:
Tall
Medium
Small.

Each one of those would have the current avatars to be chose from. I.E /gk would be optional if you chose to equip the tall model. Sage if you chose the small model.

From what I understood was avatars would be made of cuboids of different sizes is what martin explained.  So having different races is a good possiblity. 
What I am hoping for is an online editor simalar to some of the MC ones where you get 3D models and you can texture them.  Then they could be saved to an online Library.  This way we the community could make hundreds of outfits and take some of the effort of the devlopers.  I would be willing to do it myself making generic outfits for all the races we have now and some new ones.  This way we can have villages with all kinds of NPC filling them instead of having 1 King for one race we could have 10 kings for every race.  Diversity will make this game great.

Delta Dragon

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Delta Dragon 22
  • Steam: Drake Vengeance
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »
Right, having some sort of custom edit mode for avatars for us Total Miner players would be another huge step for the game and another unique feature for Xbox block sandbox games. Hoping something like this will be implemented.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:14:34 AM by Delta Dragon »
First to unlock Golden Knight. Owner of Robotic and Demi God/Goddess.

B1ack W1dow

• Tester
  • Total Miner Forge Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: X B1ack W1dow X
  • Steam: Totalminerforgeplayer
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »
I like the old avatars but can't wait until the new ones are released

NightSausage

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: RD NightSausage
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
I can't wait for the joints and bone structure in the new characters, the floating, unmoving avatars kind of make the game feel kind of weird lol, also, will view bobbing be implemented when the new avatars are released?

SwiftGeneration

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: SwiftGeneration
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
yhh they make me laugh and bring humour to the game
Old Member Of Team Craft
Old Member Of Builders Unit
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter = SabreSwiftYT
Youtube =
Skype = Swift Generation

Bluepudding the don

• I'm feeling it now Mr. Krabs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »
From what I understood was avatars would be made of cuboids of different sizes is what martin explained.  So having different races is a good possiblity. 
What I am hoping for is an online editor simalar to some of the MC ones where you get 3D models and you can texture them.  Then they could be saved to an online Library.  This way we the community could make hundreds of outfits and take some of the effort of the devlopers.  I would be willing to do it myself making generic outfits for all the races we have now and some new ones.  This way we can have villages with all kinds of NPC filling them instead of having 1 King for one race we could have 10 kings for every race.  Diversity will make this game great.
problem with that is inappropriate and copyright right avatars can be created
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:54:21 PM by 2pac of pudding »
Former names: 2pac of pudding, Blueberries for all