Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  A monster that tracks you down.  (Read 907 times)

0_______________0

• View Profile
A monster that tracks you down.
« on: August 03, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »
Earlier, my little brother and his friend started playing Total Miner for the first time. Before so, their friend told them that if they stay on the surface for a period of time, a powerful monster that digs through dirt would come and kill them. They spend the entire day gathering materials for a bunker to protect them. I told them it wasn't true, but it gave me an interesting idea.

How about in random rock layers, starting at 500 ft, one of these said monsters would spawn and dig through that layer. Only one of them would exist per layer and can only dig through the material the layer they spawned in has. It would wonder around aimlessly until it either encounters a player, or if a player spends an allotted amount of time in that layer, then the monster would go straight for them unless they retreat to another layer. They would leave a tunnel where ever they went that would disappear after a period of time. Once they were dead, they wouldn't come back unless physically spawned.

I think that it would give Dig Deep some intensity and fear. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:52:55 PM by 0_______________0 »

s0m3b0de

• View Profile
Re: A monster that tracks you down.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:29:23 AM »
what i wanna know is how you sign in? are those dots or lines cuz i sure as heck wouldnt remember how much to put if they was dots ahaha

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:34:34 AM »
what i wanna know is how you sign in? are those dots or lines cuz i sure as heck wouldnt remember how much to put if they was dots ahaha
This has nothing to do with the post...

MackDaddyMiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 01:39:06 AM »
This has nothing to do with the post...

Neither does that but anyways... yeah sounds like a good idea it would have to be extremely dangerous for it to cause us fear when we actually do come across one.
I like my Mining like i like my Music UNDERGROUND!

0_______________0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 02:04:24 AM »
Neither does that but anyways... yeah sounds like a good idea it would have to be extremely dangerous for it to cause us fear when we actually do come across one.
Much of the fear would come from that it could come from any direction. Imagine the consequences of it coming from underneath you.

I mean, the music that's already in the game can creep you out enough. That, combined with the noises the monster makes, would be enough to make anyone sweat through their clothes.

Geneo

• Elite Member
  • The Stig knows………... but he ain't telling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 04:12:15 AM »
Sounds like you're describing a spider.
Sorry, being afraid to play TM doesn't sound like fun to me.

0_______________0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 10:20:03 AM »
Sounds like you're describing a spider.
Sorry, being afraid to play TM doesn't sound like fun to me.
Not exactly. You see, the difference between spiders and the monsters I described is that the monster can dig through rock layers. Not only that, but it's also passive when its not trying to go after the player.

You know, there actually is fun in being afraid. You know there's something out there, yet you have no idea where its going to come from.

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
Sounds good, and I'd love something like it to be in TM. I'm terrified of the spiders already but I love to get scared sometimes ^-^

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »
Sounds like it'd be quite scary having it follow you. Maybe if it took longer to scurry around, maybe it only digs at a rate at 1 block every few seconds. When it does find you, maybe said monster would be very fast and nearly impossible to outrun. Knowing that something is moving extremely slow but can kill you immediately seems very exciting to me :)