Author Topic:  16 texture/pictures add/remove  (Read 272 times)

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
16 texture/pictures add/remove
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »
Is the feature to add/remove textures/pictures going to remain in creative or be moved to a safer location that does not have system shops such as admin.  This is a great way for people to grief worlds is why I am asking.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: 16 texture/pictures add/remove
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:17:21 AM »
Grief worlds? If you give someone Creative permission, they can grief a whole lot harder than just adding/removing some textures.

The reasoning behind it being on Creative now is we see Creative as the permission that you would only give to your most trusted builders and creators - a small core of players who are the main creative force behind your map. They are making creative decisions. They are in a position to make the right choices about which textures to select. If they aren't, then we think they are probably not suitable for the Creative permission.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:29:54 AM by Craig »

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
Re: 16 texture/pictures add/remove
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
Yeah I guese I didn't notice some of the other tools in there. 
Anyway the real reason I wanting to allow system shop for regular players which is limited to players with creative The add/remove tool being one of the worse but mabye moving the system shop use might be better.
Some players have started to complan about sytem shops on the forums that is part of the reason I was sujesting it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:18:04 AM by TRex »