Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Education  (Read 386 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Education
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »

@Drymm,

People can be failed in college where RF lives, and anywhere else. I think you misread his post. He was talking about high school and grade school.

As I said, experience is another consideration. If you lack one of the following (a degree, or practical experience) then you most likely won't be considered for a position at a job that requires skilled labor.

Also, there are plenty of jobs that don't require college degrees and pay a living wage, even out here in the Bay Area. It's just that these occupations are usually not favorable.

For now.

Now the universities are still saying, hey we can fail people, and with tuition costs we dont need to worry a lot about the gov't funding. But here's the thing, soon enough one or two universities will start to let things slide, lower their standards, and once they do - every one will. Why would a student go to a university that has a high failure rate, when they can go to one the has a great success rate. Soon it will become "where can I pass the easiest" as opposed to "where will i learn the most for my field".

The education system scares me, and we need a complete and total reform of the whole system to save it.

As he said here, It's only a matter of time before one gives in and people start abusing the system.

IMO, Nothing beats actual experience. And if/when people start abusing the system, That'll have to be what employers will have to go by in their decisions.

A degree in any field is hardly an indicator of anything if you didn't work for it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 12:00:50 AM »
The thing about a college degree is that you do work for it. It involves work. It's college, not kindergarten. Sure, everything you learn isn't all practical, and so when you enter into the work force you'll still lack a lot of knowledge, but you'll have the basics down, and you'll have evidence for employers that you're willing to stick with something for at least 4-8 years.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 12:11:18 AM »
If they want evidence of me sticking with something for a long time, they should just look at my total miner hours ;)

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:52 AM »
If they want evidence of me sticking with something for a long time, they should just look at my total miner hours ;)
If they looked at mine, they would hire me instead

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas