Author Topic:  About the old forums possibly going up...  (Read 1896 times)

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
Re: About the old forums possibly going up...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »
There's going to be a new logo soon.

Squall

• Let's mosey!
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Lancers Page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GyroLancer
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Possibly a rival site, then a rival game/community.
I'm predicting a huge site war in the next month. My bets are on this team.
-Squall, I'm one of the more sophisticated members of this site. Feel free to message me if you run into any problems here.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Feel free to check out the story I'm writing! http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=366.0

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 07:24:09 AM »
The old site is nothing more then a fan site now. There are no members of the developing team anymore, and all original mods were moved down...

Cloud 9

• Stoner, Miner, and Philanthropist
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PandaPaw64
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
I like the layout on this forum better...runs a little faster on my iPod. I switched once I saw all the major members of the old one had migrated here.

Squall

• Let's mosey!
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Lancers Page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GyroLancer
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »
I like the layout on this forum better...runs a little faster on my iPod. I switched once I saw all the major members of the old one had migrated here.

Most of the cool ones :3
-Squall, I'm one of the more sophisticated members of this site. Feel free to message me if you run into any problems here.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Feel free to check out the story I'm writing! http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=366.0

HealableMarrow4

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
The old forums will not close until Nickev123 wants it to. He's most likely not after organizing a new administration on his site. There is no reason why it should shut a community site down.
I want any one of you to tell me why a community site should shut down.
I don't want an answer say all community sites are lame. There are plenty of community sites out there that are very successful. Take these sites like Call of Duty Wiki and Planet Minecraft for example. Why should they suddenly want to shut down? They are by fans and for fans. This is what community sites are here for, not to compete in any way or want to make a lot of money.

Evesy

• Elite Member
  • Game Hoarder
  • Awards 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Evesyy
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »
The old forums will not close until Nickev123 wants it to. He's most likely not after organizing a new administration on his site. There is no reason why it should shut a community site down.
I want any one of you to tell me why a community site should shut down.
I don't want an answer say all community sites are lame. There are plenty of community sites out there that are very successful. Take these sites like Call of Duty Wiki and Planet Minecraft for example. Why should they suddenly want to shut down? They are by fans and for fans. This is what community sites are here for, not to compete in any way or want to make a lot of money.
The difference is all the other fan sites:

a) Acknowledge that they are fan sites
b) Don't mislead people by having the title of 'Developer' and having other developer accounts remain on the forum
c) Don't post content update and not cite the source, trying to make it look like it's straight from the horses mouth
d) Allow the mention of the official site
e) Care about the community.

My little moan done :P
Xbox Gamertag: Evesyy
Steam ID: Evesy
Twitter: @MEvesy

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 02:36:59 AM »
I am refraining from that site, not just because i was banned (for spreading the word of this forum and what Nick had done) but because that forum has become corrupt, it is a site that is pretending to be the "official" site. you will not see me, or any new account of me on that site :)
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »
I am refraining from that site, not just because i was banned (for spreading the word of this forum and what Nick had done) but because that forum has become corrupt, it is a site that is pretending to be the "official" site. you will not see me, or any new account of me on that site :)

Surprisingly Nick hasn't banned me yet. YET.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »

he will, even at the mension of this site, you get banned :P
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »

he will, even at the mension of this site, you get banned :P

That's strange, when I posted that I'll be continuing my story on this site, I gave a link to this site and all that happened is that my post was deleted. :P

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
Maybe he stopped trying to ban everyone who thought about the site and is only banning those who spam links. Might have realized that he has already removed most of the community from the forums lol.

addme5000

• Awards 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »
Maybe he stopped trying to ban everyone who thought about the site and is only banning those who spam links. Might have realized that he has already removed most of the community from the forums lol.
yea at this point is is a goast town. I oly post my story there http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=342.0 soon my fellow miners we shall take over that site!

DiamondBack662

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »

Yeah.. I think there's about 20 or so members that still darken that door.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »
yea at this point is is a goast town. I oly post my story there http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=342.0 soon my fellow miners we shall take over that site!
As long as nick is there there cant be a take over. even if there was i would stay here
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim