Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [Unanswered] Locked doors question  (Read 166 times)

TotalCrates

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
Locked doors question
« on: September 29, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »
Hello, I play total miner on the xbox first of all, and this is about locked doors.

Is it possible to set different keys for different locked doors? I have 5 locked doors in my world, and apon setting them to different keys, they all have the same key. For example, when I set one door to only have a stone key, all the other doors can be opened with the stone key too. Is there a way to make each door have a seperate key?

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
    • View Profile
Re: Locked doors question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »
If you can't do it via setting the doors key, you could do it with scripts. It wouldn't be to hard to set a door to open on an event swing of a key.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

TotalCrates

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 08:38:38 PM »
well, unfortunately I'm pretty dumb with total miner and I really don't know how to code much. could you maybe send me an example of how to write that code for the doors? I've also searched up any tutorials but there were none.  :,(

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 08:21:01 AM »
well, unfortunately I'm pretty dumb with total miner and I really don't know how to code much. could you maybe send me an example of how to write that code for the doors? I've also searched up any tutorials but there were none.  :,(

I haven't played this game in a long time but it should be a similar script to the preset magic one. In the preset script (found in the global script file I think) it basically says when the player swings an item (eg. your door key) an action happens. You should really only have to chnage a line or two for it to work exactly as you'd like.

Cheers,
Crab
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!