Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Thank You  (Read 271 times)

PLAYCON

• El Psy Congroo
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PLAYCON97
Thank You
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »
Today is a sad day.

Today I learnt that the Forums I spent most of my teenage years a part of will be shutting down. It's been a long run. I've been here since the old Forums fell apart, day 1 of the new Forums being set up. My contribution to the Stories section and getting my friends to try. The signatures we used to make for each other, and the videos we always planned to create. The hours spent in the chat box, playing games on Xbox and keeping up with each other.  And that every now again in my present life, I could jump in here at anytime, and someone would usually recognise the name PLAYCON.

These forums truly made me feel apart of something special. I was never lucky enough to own Total Miner on my Xbox (Aussy account FML) but you all still took me in and made me one of your own. I will never forget the countless days I spent in the chat-box when it was implemented, waiting and refreshing to see what people, my friends,  were up to in their day to day lives.

For all the friends that went offline years ago, I miss you. I hope you are doing well, and if you somehow make it back here before the end of things, please know that you were all such a massive part of my life, and I thank you for choosing to spend your time here with me. I still think about you to this day, and I hope you are doing well in the years since we spoke.

To all the new members who don't know who I am, I hope this place treated you as kindly as it did me. It feels strange in a way, to think that a few years of my life was so surrounded by the comings and goings of this site. I was 16 when I created the account on this site, not to mention the time I spent on the old Forums. I'm 22 now. I've never had anything like what I had here, and I've never committed to anything like that since. This was a very special place, a true Internet Family that I could call my own.

I'll be here again in the final days, and I hope to see you all there.

If you wish to reach out to me, I'm in the discord (I don't know if I can share it here).

Thank you everyone once again. Enjoy your lives, and I hope you can spare a thought for me when you next crack open some Total Miner.

Kind regards,
Liam (PLAYCON97)

DBZWii09

• derp, yo.
    • View Profile
    • my blog-a-derp.
  • Xbox: DBZWii09
  • Steam: DBZWii09
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 03:42:19 AM »
ive barely been here the past few years, but ive "forged" a bunch of friendships through this game. ill miss all of u, plus ive made a long-awaited journal entry on the 360 version just for this moment.

btw im on Twitter and Mastodon as well as Discord, but idk if i can link them here.