Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  I have reached Bedrock  (Read 12898 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
I have reached Bedrock
« on: March 28, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
Hello everyone.

Seven years and nine months after the first release of Total Miner: Forge on the Xbox 360 Live Indie Games channel, I have reached bedrock and am unable to continue development. Add another 6 months for the development time before the initial release and this wonderful game has dominated my life for the better part of eight years.

It takes a tremendous amount of drive, energy and enthusiasm to work on an ambitious indie computer game. I no longer have the necessary drive to continue on this game.

I will keep the game open on the Steam store until the end of May, at a reduced price, and then remove it from the store, permanently. At that time I will also delete the TM twitter account, facebook account and end the hosting of this website/forum. I'll keep the youtube channel open.

I will do whatever is necessary to ensure the game is still playable/downloadable after removal from the Steam store.

For people who only know the game from Steam, I apologise for not being able to come through and get the game out of early access. The burden is too great for me now.

To all you 360'rs, thanks for the memories, it's been a blast. I couldn't have hoped for a better community supporting the game. I can't thank you enough. You've all given me so much joy. I will never forget you guys.

My friends, I wish you all the very best in your lives ahead.
Craig.