Author Topic: [Game] So What now?  (Read 549 times)

stonedoughnut5

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Game] So What now?
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:14:21 AM »
Been waiting for at least something, guessing the game is dead now?

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: So What now?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 02:34:59 PM »
Development was suppose to begin again almost a month ago but no sign as of yet on anything happening. Honestly it's on a dying path but I hope that is not the case. The best I can say is hopefully soon.

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
It's pretty clear that Craig doesn't have the inspiration he used to have with this. In my opinion he should just sell out to a company who will work on it or hire some new developers.

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Oshkosh
  • Steam: Green_Bay
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 05:50:59 PM »
The people that played in 2011-2012 like myself must feel really old now! Gosh how time goes ):     I started at 16 years old, now I'm 23 years old ):

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »
The people that played in 2011-2012 like myself must feel really old now! Gosh how time goes ):     I started at 16 years old, now I'm 23 years old ):
Wow, I started playing when I was 13, now I'm 19 going on 20.

We're here for the nostalgia lol, sitting on a dream that's still just a dream

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 04:02:00 AM »
Wow, I started playing when I was 13, now I'm 19 going on 20.

We're here for the nostalgia lol, sitting on a dream that's still just a dream
I have projects i still want to start but have no reason to truly want to start them. If some sort of development started soon people would continue what they left. And start new projects. The players are here hibernating till summer aka an update if you look at pc release everyone came back for the time but once nothing happened for month's on end again we returned to hibernation but how long is hibernation is the question. A year of nothing but soon with no real progress getting shown is old.

Vexon X1

• Elite Member
  • "Wait, there are spiders in this game?"
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FoxyThePirateX1
  • PSN: Dr_Vex_Ender
  • Steam: Vexon X1
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 09:29:01 AM »
I guess all we can do is hope for the best. Expect the worst.....Only time will tell. I mean Total Miner players are typically patient.

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »
Craig has more imagination than almost any triple A dev team I know on Xbox, Craig may rival Bungie during the Halo 3 days.
I'm saying Craig has complete alot of work and where we are now I am confident he is making good progress.

The only downside is that I am told he has no help at all.

Vexon X1

• Elite Member
  • "Wait, there are spiders in this game?"
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FoxyThePirateX1
  • PSN: Dr_Vex_Ender
  • Steam: Vexon X1
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »
Yea, he is the main developer of TM.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »
Craig has more imagination than almost any triple A dev team I know on Xbox, Craig may rival Bungie during the Halo 3 days.
I'm saying Craig has complete alot of work and where we are now I am confident he is making good progress.

The only downside is that I am told he has no help at all.
total miner was at a point the top downloaded indie game on the Xbox marketplace Craig back then had a tester team and baldygargoyal and martindoolittle helping him with development stuff. Now it's currently only Craig with martindoolittle who only makes the art so coding wise it's only Craig and don't get me wrong I respect Craig for all his hard efforts he has put in these past years. I do however think Craig has been tired out of it and no longer wishes to code totalminer. I personally think more devs would be good. But it is Craig game if he wishes it to be done at it's current state he can it could very well be that Craig doesn't trust anyone to carry on with the game and instead leave the game.

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 06:33:57 AM »
I blame 2.5s update but that's another topic for another day, well we can still download maps least that's something.