Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [Other] What Happened To Total Miner  (Read 1360 times)

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened To Total Miner
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 07:40:26 AM »
Being down about it wont do anything its best to find a good solution to the problem, I presented my idea its time for all our ideas as a strong community. Even though I may seem very critical but thats how I think. Lets keep this TM train going shall we? this may seem weird but make a sandwich in the morning its sooo good.

BrosDeBurrito

• View Profile
  • Xbox: BrosDeBurrito
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »
I strongly agree with what your saying. We the community are the foundation for this game, without the community the game is just a tumbleweed. Craig really is the only thing that can keep what's left of the community alive.  I do hope this game will see a revival once Craig finishes off multiplayer. I'm really looking forward to hosting the map I spent 100+ hours working on, truly hoping it wasn't all for nothing.  I really appreciate the effort you have put into bringing light to the topic that has been kept in the dark for so long. It has been ignored far too long, thankyou for reading my comment sorry for all the rambling.  :D

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 08:57:25 AM »
Wow. This is one of those topics where everyone seems to be having a heart-to-heart about their TM child hoods lmao. Iím gonna join the therapy session with some of my own views.

Iíd say Iím relatively known in this community and honestly it was a huge part of my early childhood. It was at least 5 years ago that I started playing TM - if not 6 years - not only was it a brilliant game but it became an escape for me. Letís say a year has passed by and I decide to join the forums, honestly I will have to say I was disappointed. I will have to agree with Jared where he earlier stated that the community can - repeat can - be toxic.

Now Iím not going to say I was an angel when I joined the forums nor am I going to say I am now. I am however going to say that the abuse I received when I initially joined the forums and sometimes even now still, was and is damaging to my character. I will add to this that I joined from an early age and my maturity was not what Iíd hope it is now. Anyway, the point Iím making is that there are people who have been in this community for a long time and some of them seem to rank themselves higher than most and honestly itís just childish and stupid.

That aside, TM was a game I played on 360 for many years. I grew friendships, skills and even knowledge through the game. I had a sense of pride for the portfolio of maps I had, I became best friends with a game rather than people. The people that I felt most comfortable around were made of pixels. Every time I felt down I knew I could enter a world of my own imagination and clear my head. Total miner saved me from overthinking a lot and thus improved my life.

PC edition was released and I was gifted total miner (Thankyou!!) and whilst weíre on the subject of gifts I might as well throw in my thanks again to Derfen for purchasing me XBL gold a while ago! We all knew it would come without multiplayer and we were happy. The Piknet multiplayer mod came out and though I have yet to use the mod others seems pretty happy with it. The BETA thing came out and started crashing loads of peoples games lol and that set the community together as we all tried to figure that out.

Friendships are being destroyed, forgotten about. A game that once bought people together is now setting them apart because we arenít hearing much from the development team. Donít get me wrong the respect I have for Craig and anyone else in the background of the development is huge but when will we hear future plans. Not the plans of ďone day there will be multiplayerĒ or ďIím having another breakĒ we wanna hear when youíll be back from your break, your priorities etc.

I for one do not believe this game is dead but I do believe the community itself is starting to crumble.

This is not a dig at anyone,
Cheers,
Crab.

Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

The Map Cartographer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 10:00:24 AM »
This is a good starting point because we are discussing real issues seriously for the first time.

The Map Cartographer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
If somebody like you can come here and talk about how passionate they are about this game then the game isn't dead, it has true audience. I'm gonna release a map on how Total Miner can improve its separate survival mode, the most flawed mode in my eyes.

STARKILLER7851

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 04:35:05 PM »
I started Total Miner on the Xbox 360 as the majority of the community did, and it was a heck of a lot different from Minecraft. What I liked about TM was that unlike the latter, there is a vanilla economy system, in which I can sell ingots for gold, which I can then use to buy better equipment. All in one block. Without this economy, I would never have had as much fun as I did. Craig, if you're there, please say something to us about what's coming! It's been so long since we last heard from you!
Current Creative Projects:

SkyCity, a Floating City similar to Midgar from Final Fantasy VII. Made purely with sunblocks and glass

Atlantis City, a vast semi-futuristic underwater resort hotel, complete with a pool, sub docking structure, Skyscraper, mining zones for the optimistic, etc.

Vexon X1

• Elite Member
  • "Wait, there are spiders in this game?"
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Xbox: FoxyThePirateX1
  • PSN: VexonX1
  • Steam: Vexon X1
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 09:08:41 AM »
Hopefully we are just in a slow period right now. Granted some aspects of the community are becoming part of the past, but I really do hope the best for Total Miner. Especially considering the game has (almost) been out for 10 years. I am personally really passionate about this game just like many people here and have many fond memories of it since buying it in 2011.