Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [Other] What Happened To Total Miner  (Read 1402 times)

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
What Happened To Total Miner
« on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »
Before replying to this thread please:

• Watch the entire video through, dont comment halfway through cause I explain what I'm thinking as I go.
  • None of this is meant as disrespect to the Development team or to cause drama, but it needs to be said.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

I made a follow up video to clarify some things. This will be the final video.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:13:32 PM by Nefty »

007gadgetcookie

• View Profile
Re: What Happened To Total Miner
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 01:18:27 PM »
When you mentioned people who are creating maps for multiplayer. Where was I!!! Where was I!!!!    I crya everytime....... XD only joking. Or am i 0,0
Im The Maker Of TotalPixel.

Spark

• I'm Italian and I love scripting
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: ShoppingSpark3
  • Steam: Bananatelli
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »
Before replying to this thread please:

• Watch the entire video through, dont comment halfway through cause I explain what I'm thinking as I go.
  • None of this is meant as disrespect or to cause drama, but it needs to be said.

The first 8 minutes really touched me. I grew up with this game aswell, met so many great people and interacting with the community has made me learn english so well that my friends always ask me how am I so skilled with it.

The other day I looked at my old posts and felt ashamed but also felt the nostalgia. The nostalgia of those great people who right now are not with us and the great moments I have passed with the community.

This game really has a spot in my heart and to see the community being silent makes me sad. Sad about people leaving the game because it hasn't gotten an update in a while.

The video here explains well the situation and I agree with almost everything you said.

Craig needs to be more active with the community, like you said. He has to be more active on the forum and on discord.

@Craig with this I don't mean you have to code every single day on this game. If you keep being this silent, people will start to assume that you stopped caring about this game. I know that you care and I feel optimistic that with multiplayer the community will grow once again and be more active as ever but please, don't keep us in this state of silence.

You made my childhood and I'm truly grateful for that. Thank you.
Amazing Scripter!

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
Like Nefty, I grew up with TM. It sparked an interest in architecture that I didn't even know I had. I met some great people along the way (Gord!) and in some respects it's kept me interested in my lifelong goal of running JG. I honestly don't care for any of the shooting arrows at wolfs malarkey. All I'm interested in is building maps that, if it actually existed, would be somewhere I'd live.

As for hosting, it's been great meeting loads of folk and if anything, it's made me a bit more confident. I wouldn't have dared say a word to someone on an Xbox live party back in 2014 if I didn't know them but now me and Gord send each other birthday and Xmas gifts lol

Yes, it's a shame seeing 90% of the well known players on here gone (GK, Dryym, my best mate Fuertey, Swift, Jeff, Zoid - I could go on. I don't like been told the game is dead because to me, there's still some life in it. At least I hope it is or Huttondale is a waste of time XD

And also, without TM the highly successful Dig Deeper channel wouldn't exist.

Looking forward to updates from my main man Craig and hopefully, 2029 is the year TM makes a comeback. And remember, TM and Craig go together like Jam and Bread  ;)

/onion
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:14:10 PM by casual onion »
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 09:57:33 PM »
I made a follow up video to clarify some things. I apologize for things I got wrong, and for things that were inappropriate. This will be the final video I make on the subject.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 10:04:46 PM »
It's a frustrating situation that we are left in, waiting without much contact for a game that we all love so much. Hopefully we see some new developments soon...

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 09:46:05 PM »
Like Spark stated, the beginning of Nefty's video was a gentle breeze through memory lane. When I first joined Total Miner, I started with two best friends from Castle Miner. We played countless hours of creative, and they even assisted in the creation of my first two challenge maps. We fell in love with Total Miner and officially made it our favorite game. Eventually, with the creation of Corridors, I received the prestigious Zeus placement thus obtaining the old version of the demis. Almost a year later I became a tester for the game, and I guess that was the last gasp for those friends because they removed and blocked me. One removed me almost immediately after BaldyGargoyle placed Zeus.

What's my point in this? My point is throughout the years and time I spent playing Total Miner I started as a basic noob of the game. My arrival on the forums though was met with essential members teasing me for simple questions that I guess they were tired of hearing. My first month on the forums I was too embarrassed to post or chat without having a member who's been here since the .com age tease me. It was hard, and it was not until I reached a little over 100 posts.

Most would say that Total Miner is dying; however, I disagree. I believe Total Miner is in a period of intermission, but if nothing is done soon, like a lot of Twitch live streams after interludes, the viewer count will die. I believe the game has two major problems that can be fixed. My first point was Nefty's main point of his videos on how the development team is being silent throughout the progression of Total Miner. My second point is the toxic community Total Miner has with a lot of members we should look up to; however, they enjoy teasing and bullying members. Over the years and even recently these immature acts have gotten worse.

More updates from Craig would be helpful as stated previously.  Almost three months without notice is a bit upsetting. I am hoping that Craig will break this silence streak sometime this month. If not you are only proving Nefty's point of not being in communication with your audience. Craig, you know I respect you but the longer you are silent, the more offended we feel as a community. As for the members who enjoy showing your "power" by making fun of new members or members who have different opinions. Young kids play this game and having them teased on an indie game forums website is second-class. It's driving our audience away.

Finally, I would like to speak on why Nefty aka Jeff named drop me. First, thank you Nefty. My goal as a tester was not only to join fellow community member worlds but to answer questions and show that the team cared. Not saying the team never cared; however, there were a few testers in my experience who enjoyed more of being "popular" over helping the community in my opinion. Regardless, I loved my testing team family and hope one day if Total Miner makes it to consoles to rejoin the team. I do apologize for the long post; however, I felt it needed to be said.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 11:10:33 PM »
I held off Replying to this because i felt it would be better if i made a video on the subject. To get my point across more then what i would if it was a text post. I Do not wish to take away from nefty's video on the subject. I honestly at a point didn't want to post this here for the fact that it might take away from nefty's video. i got second opinions that told me i should to contribute to the Current discussion going on at the moment. If you choose to hate me after saying the things i said so be it. I hope my point comes across as best as it could. And i hope something gets done about the matter. Thank You.

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 03:17:24 AM »
I will be honest and this is my experience for years on TM.

It simply lacks maintenance, from the last update from TM 360, instead of fixing the bugs more stuff was added and more problems and issues were added to the pile. 360 is the only place where console players can play TM and it does not work. Sadly I'm not sure what happen was it 360s decline or was it the dev team but either way its really not good.

Survival Mode is one of the big reasons why people play these games, and TMs survival mode and Dig Deep are just bad I tried billions of times over to get my friends to play it, they just leave survival because it is not modular. Staffs in survival mode could of been the best thing to counter the empty design but they do nothing.

Survival is an empty space with nothing in it. It does not help how checkpoints are done in that mode, it was made even ten times harder for new players.

Dig Deep is far worse in my eyes because it just copy pasted caves just going down with no diverse elements.

PC version has bugs that made making maps at this moment near impossible.

NPCs cannot be used at this time and its been a long time, making adventure maps cannot be done at all.
(I know because I cant release any map I made and they are all stupidly piling up.)

Why do I play this game years later because I am passionate about this platform

This is one of the best games ever created, you cannot get the same level of love and devotion that the TM team give this game they are always adding new things and they really interact with their fanbase but there's too much of a focus on adding new stuff instead of fixing stuff.

What can be done?

- Just focus on bug fixes at this time maybe add a second update or third patch update till the game is fully polished and stable then more stuff can be added.

- The community as well needs to come together and needs to interact I barely see anyone around I had to wait 4 weeks for somebody to tell me that my download works.

All these ideas are just an emotional reaction but this how I honestly feel I care about the games quality.

What can be done? what do you think?

The p

amos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 06:16:35 AM »
After reading the thread and watching the videos, gosh, I can hardly wait for Craig's eventual return.

I wouldn't get too depressed guys.  Pretty sure he's not about to leave everyone hanging.  He seemed pretty resolved to get multiplayer added to PC.

He just missed his estimated time as usual.  ::)