Author Topic: [Scripts] Temporary Blockade Script  (Read 289 times)

KryptoniteKS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: RelinquishedFire
[Scripts] Temporary Blockade Script
« on: January 05, 2019, 06:50:26 AM »
Hello, I'm creating an RPG map right now and I'm in the process of scripting spells and one of them I call blockade, which is where the player spawns a 3x5 wall of dirt in front of them and it then deletes
  • seconds later. My problem is that I have to use a variable to spawn this blockade in order to save its position and delete it afterwards in the event that the player is moving. I've tried almost everything I can think of and my main problem is spawning the blockade correctly. Since I cannot use vrel:x, vrel:y, vrel:z, and view:x, view:y, and view:z do not work, I can't get the wall to spawn in the direction the player is facing. If I look sideways (positive or negative z direction), the wall spawns perfectly as a 5x3x1 (LxHxW) but if I look forward (positive or negative x direction), the wall will spawn as a 1x3x5 (LxHxW). Does anyone know a way to spawn a wall that faces the direction the player is facing and then have it automatically delete after 5 seconds?

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
Re: Temporary Blockade Script
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »
you could use prel to create it, create a temp zone set to .01 or .1 speed, the use prel to delete it.

KryptoniteKS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: RelinquishedFire
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:41:22 AM »
you could use prel to create it, create a temp zone set to .01 or .1 speed, the use prel to delete it.
Well, sadly I cannot use prel. I tried it. If I'm using X,Y,Z coords, it will always be spawned (theoretically) 5 units X from the player. X being a single direction. Whether I'm facing N, S, E, W, it will always place it 5 units X, which I believe is East?

007gadgetcookie

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:36:12 PM »
If you like i can try do one for you, and give you the Script. it should be easy to do with the rich script. Are there any type of block you want to be used for the barrier or ?
Im The Maker Of TotalPixel.