Author Topic:  Server hosting?  (Read 117 times)

Relax MLG

• Been TM player since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Relax MLG
  • Steam: Relax MLG
Server hosting?
« on: December 04, 2018, 04:11:46 AM »
I know this sounds crazy, but is there anyway at all that you could host a TotalMiner server on any distro of Linux?
Would someone be able to code a mod, script, or really anything at all to be able to do such a task?

I love to code!

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Server hosting?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
Something like this? If not that's the best we got till an official one releases.

Mod
https://github.com/XBLToothPik/TotalMiner-Network---Mod/releases/tag/0.0.2

Video Tutorial
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

beginning of the video.

Side Note
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
In localdata.txt change the IP to "piknet.totalminer.ga" and it will work as it did in the video

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
I know this sounds crazy, but is there anyway at all that you could host a TotalMiner server on any distro of Linux?
Would someone be able to code a mod, script, or really anything at all to be able to do such a task?

Not at the moment. You could try using mono or wine. I've had limited success with it.

Something like this? If not that's the best we got till an official one releases.

It sounds like they are looking for something to run natively on Linux so what you've suggested wouldn't work.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:09:42 PM »

Not at the moment. You could try using mono or wine. I've had limited success with it.

It sounds like they are looking for something to run natively on Linux so what you've suggested wouldn't work.
ah i though maybe thats what they wanted but i thought id sugguest the mod incase they were unaware of it.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm