Author Topic: [WIP] Wildlands  (Read 479 times)

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
[WIP] Wildlands
« on: April 06, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
~Wildlands~
Wildlands is (or will be) a battle royale map. Currently only the world has been done (slightly custom made) and the drop script (which will randomly place crates)

~Updates~
5/13/18: Created an effective crate system for speed, removed guns, added swords for more fun, starting on duos and squads (untested), working on automatic game end\start (untestable), working on dropping method, and finally working on an in-game currency.

4/6/18: Finished Map, and Crate system.
Videos:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
~Questions~
Have any questions? ask! (sorry for such a small post I will update it soon)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:50:57 PM by Lord Leo »

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wildlands
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
Added a video to show off a tad of the map and Crate Generation.

Forgeplex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 04:03:25 PM »
How do I make? xD

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 04:13:01 PM »
How do I make? xD

How do you make "? xD"

well generally speaking you'd type the "shift" and "/" keys on your keyboard, and then press "x" on your keyboard, and then type "Shift" and "d" at the same time.

If, however you are talking about in real life, you should grab a pen or pencil and a piece of paper. After you have those, simply draw a backward "c" with a dropping "|" at the bottom of the backwards c, the draw two overlapping "\" and "/" to create your "x". once the "x" is drawn, you can draw a straight "|" and then a backwards "C" to created the "D" on the right of the "x".

Nice script btw Leo, looks pretty in depth, and I'm sure it took a bit to write up!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:55:04 AM by RF In The Jet »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Forgeplex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:15:04 AM »
How do I make? xD

How do you make "? xD"

well generally speaking you'd type the "shift" and "/" keys on your keyboard, and then press "x" on your keyboard, and then type "Shift" and "d" at the same time.

If, however you are talking about in real life, you should grab a pen or pencil and a piece of paper. After you have those, simply draw a backward "c" with a dropping "|" at the bottom of the backwards c, the draw two overlapping "\" and "/" to create your "x". once the "x" is drawn, you can draw a straight "|" and then a backwards "C" to created the "D" on the right of the "x".

Nice script btw Leo, looks pretty in depth, and I'm sure it took a bit to write up!
Not that but this is cool.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:49 PM »
How do I make? xD

How do you make "? xD"

Not that but this is cool.
Thank you for that extremly topic relevant and worthwhile response, it adds so much to this thread, and completely prooves that you are infact not spamming posts.

Back on topic, Leo are you making a whole BR map with towns, houses etc, or just the loot system on an open map?
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 05:07:24 AM »
Any updates? how are you planning on dropping people in?

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 01:48:32 PM »
You could make the spawn system a few ways.

If you're going total fortnite, you could run a script for making players teleport 3 blocks forward, and 1-3 blocks up, as they fall, to simulate them flying through the world, and pressing X to cancel the script or deploy them. You'd still have to figure out the fall damage part.

A better way, you could take the center of the map (X,Y,Z) and set a var system to add a minimum distance from spawn (let's say 100 blocks) and then vary the cords from there using random numbers.

So something like this: (I haven't scripted in a while, so I don't remember the format unless I put it in front of me.)

Random [1,2]
Is random [1]
Var XA = 100 (blocks x in the positive direction)
Else
Var XA = -100 (blocks x in the negative direction)

Random [1,2]
Is random [1]
Var ZA = 100 (blocks z in the positive direction)
Else
Var ZA = -100 (blocks z in the negative direction)

Var randomx = random number between the max distance if the world, and 100 blocks from the center, to act as variance later.

X + XA + (Var:Randomx)
Z + ZA + (Var:Randomz)

Next you would use is block to account for walls, and itlf the leg and body blocks of the spawn are non, then they spawn, if not, add 1 to a random x or z

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »
Sounds good Leo, hope all goes well  :D
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »

Thank you! Also sorry for not updating!

You could make the spawn system a few ways.

If you're going total fortnite, you could run a script for making players teleport 3 blocks forward, and 1-3 blocks up, as they fall, to simulate them flying through the world, and pressing X to cancel the script or deploy them. You'd still have to figure out the fall damage part.

A better way, you could take the center of the map (X,Y,Z) and set a var system to add a minimum distance from spawn (let's say 100 blocks) and then vary the cords from there using random numbers.

Thank you, I wasn't exactly going for a fortnite feel, and I wont be generating guns anymore, but i may use it, if i do ill be sure to credit you!

Any updates? how are you planning on dropping people in?

Yes, sorry for not updating, but i am now, I have been testing many generation systems, spawn systems, and how the game will check if it's over, sadly due to multiplayer not being out I cant exactly test very much.

Sounds good Leo, hope all goes well  :D

Thank you very much!