Author Topic: [Completed] QuickGather Mod  (Read 560 times)

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
[Completed] QuickGather Mod
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:45:45 PM »
Description: Adds the ability to quickly gather materials when using the proper tool, use an axe to chop down whole trees, a pick axe for entire veins of ore and scythe for fields full of crops. All the tools and blocks are customizable through the config files that will be generated the first time the mod is ran. Should support custom blocks from other mods as well.

Installation instructions:
1: Navigate to your total miner folder default is something like
         C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\My Games\TotalMiner\Mods
2: If there is not a Mods folder create one.
3: In the Mods folder create a QuickGather folder.
4: Download file from below and extract to the newly created QuickGather folder, there is only a .dll file at this time.

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=66

After you start a world with the mod the first time it will create 5 different config files in your Mods/QuickGather folder "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\My Games\TotalMiner\Mods\QuickGather\config"
All worlds share the same config files:
Harvest.cfg edit to determine which tools can harvest fields of fully grown crops
LumberJack.cfg edit to determine which tools can be used to chop down whole trees.
LumberJackBlocks.cfg edit to determine which blocks are classified as trees.
VeinMine.cfg edit to determine which tools work for mining whole veins of ore.
VeinMineBlocks.cfg edit to determine which blocks are classified as ore.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:36:58 PM by Rorthic »

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: QuickGather Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:48:09 AM »
Updated to ver 1.1

ver 1.1
changed MaxSearchBlock to MaxBlockCollection with default 1000
MaxSearchBlock is no longer used
changed search pattern to a flood fill type

added additional blocks to default mining block config file
 Sapphire, Sulphur, Carbon, Fluorite, Cyclonite

added tool degradation option set in configs
LumberJack.cfg: DegradeAx=true
VeinMine.cfg: DegradePick=true
can be added but not done by default MineGrid=1
Harvest.cfg: DegradeScyth=true

added console commands
 qg ToggleVeinMine   turns Vein mining on and off
 qg ToggleLumberJack turns lumber jack on and of
 qg ToggleHarvest turns harvesting on and off
 qg Help lists all commands
 qg Help <command> help for individual commands
 qg SaveConfig saves current settings to config file
 qg Ver/Version show current version

Added holding down key "Q" disables quick gather temporary
change this key in LumberJack.cfg ToggleKey=Q
for possible keys see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.xna.framework.input.keys.aspx
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:40:42 PM by Rorthic »

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »
Impressive mod, my only complaints are that some ore are not registered by default (Sapphire, Sulphur, Carbon, Fluorite, and Cyclonite), and that the durability used does not reflect how many blocks were destroyed.
Despite those, it is still a useful mod.
-Alionz

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:53:11 PM »
Impressive mod, my only complaints are that some ore are not registered by default (Sapphire, Sulphur, Carbon, Fluorite, and Cyclonite), and that the durability used does not reflect how many blocks were destroyed.
Despite those, it is still a useful mod.

I will add those blocks to the default config file in the mean time you can edit the file and paste in:
Code: [Select]
Sapphire=true
Sulphur=true
Carbon=true
Fluorite=true
Cyclonite=true

I will look into the possibility of adjusting the durability based on blocks destroyed as well.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »
I haven't played around with this, But from seeing this happen with the timber mod on MC, I think there should be some sort of keybind to turn this ability on and off. Imagine you're building a house and you misplace a log. Then you forget that using an axe on the log has this function, Aand boom. All your logs are gone.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »
I haven't played around with this, But from seeing this happen with the timber mod on MC, I think there should be some sort of keybind to turn this ability on and off. Imagine you're building a house and you misplace a log. Then you forget that using an axe on the log has this function, Aand boom. All your logs are gone.

Next version will have console command so you can turn it on and off at will, not sure how well having a special key bind would work, but I will look into it.

I will look into the possibility of adjusting the durability based on blocks destroyed as well.

Durability degrading will be in the next version as well.

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:40 AM »
Wow, Very nice job. Great Tool to have. Will definitely be nice with a console command.

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »
new version 1.1 released
I suggest deleting the old config files and having the mod recreate them, easiest way to get the new features by default.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 11:44:54 PM »
new version 1.1 released
I suggest deleting the old config files and having the mod recreate them, easiest way to get the new features by default.
What Changed?

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 12:34:45 PM »
new version 1.1 released
What Changed?

its in the change log at the top but i think below is everything

added to LumberJack.cfg:
DegradeAx=true
ToggleKey=Q
MaxBlockCollection=1000

removed
MaxSearchBlock

added to VeinMine.cfg:
DegradePick=true
MaxBlockCollection=1000
can be added but not done by default MineGrid=1

removed
MaxSearchBlock

added to Harvest.cfg:
DegradeScyth=true
MaxBlockCollection=1000

removed
MaxSearchBlock

added to VeinMineBlocks.cfg
Sapphire=true
Sulphur=true
Carbon=true
Fluorite=true
Cyclonite=true

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »
Check out my review on your mod. Thought you may wanted to see it. Hopefully I covered the bases of the mod. :)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 06:08:48 AM »
@Jesse. If you want more followers, I'd suggest trying to be more accurate with mod reviews. QuickGather doesn't 'auto' pick up stone blocks as you suggested in the video. It also allows quick gathering of ore deposits (just the ore's from the veins, not the surrounding rock) and quick harvesting of crops, neither of which you covered in your video. It also supports customization of tools and blocks via config files which you didn't cover in the video.

All of these things are explained in the mods download section, a quick read should have made that easily understandable, so I'm unsure as to how you weren't able to get that right in the video?

I'm posting this in the hope that it may help you to improve your videos in the future.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »
@Jesse. If you want more followers, I'd suggest trying to be more accurate with mod reviews. QuickGather doesn't 'auto' pick up stone blocks as you suggested in the video. It also allows quick gathering of ore deposits (just the ore's from the veins, not the surrounding rock) and quick harvesting of crops, neither of which you covered in your video. It also supports customization of tools and blocks via config files which you didn't cover in the video.

All of these things are explained in the mods download section, a quick read should have made that easily understandable, so I'm unsure as to how you weren't able to get that right in the video?

I'm posting this in the hope that it may help you to improve your videos in the future.
Yup my bad rorthic quickly let me know. I guess that night my head didn't rap around the concept too too well. Ill be sure to fully understand the mod before i do reviews. My biggest of apologizes to all that gotten confused from my review. I hope to fully learn from this mistake and make better reviews in the reviews. I want to thank @RF Inn The Jet @Rorthic and @Craig for pointing this flaw out to me and helping me better understand. I may redo this in the future for a better review. Thank you,

Rorthic

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 12:34:23 AM »
Miner update
ver 1.1.1
added settings to VeinMine.cfg:
   SameOreOnly=true  whether or not vein mine should break all ores or just the type you mined
   MineGrid=1 is a hidden value that determines how far out from each ore to look for more ore, defaults to 1 unless you add the value to the config file and change it.
altered ore search to use a combination of flood and grid search patterns