Author Topic:  Alternate Font Support for Signs and Books / Font Support for Mods  (Read 235 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Essentially what it says. Alternate Font Support for Signs and Books, as well as Font Support for Mods.

The ability to choose a font to write in your world with would be great for immersion. This ability, for some, would be allowing medieval worlds to feel medieval with calligraphy and cursive. This ability, for some, would be allowing resourceful players like myself, to fill their worlds with fonts that represent other languages. This ability, for some, would be allowing those who build recreations, to go more in depth. Like if someone were recreating Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, they'd probably want to write in daedric script, or perhaps dwemer. Innovative or clever players could even use this function, to... say... edit a font, and add bloodstains to the writing in a book, or carved arrows on wooden street signs.

This could even be a complimentary addition to my other idea listed here: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=19406.msg197940#msg197940
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Alternate Font Support for Signs and Books / Font Support for Mods
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »
My only problem with this idea is how many bloody fonts (Not literally) I would need to make.

I would need to make a standard print, Calligraphy print, And cursive print for every language in the world.

That is a lot of work.

To add onto this, The game should support all Unicode characters on text.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: Alternate Font Support for Signs and Books / Font Support for Mods
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »
My only problem with this idea is how many bloody fonts (Not literally) I would need to make.
To be sure, but you're not really complaining about the addition. I mean, it'd be a lot of work for anyone that wanted to do anything decent with it. Fortunately, fonts are made easy at calligraphr.com.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail