Author Topic: [WIP] Forgeplex!  (Read 1959 times)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
[WIP] Re: Forgeplex!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
How much work have you actually put in to Forgeplex that is only map work? Not talking about websites or discord, just the map.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
Re: Forgeplex!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 12:14:02 PM »
Give us map pics

I'd love to but I've been busy with more projects and I'm not the best with building. :) I can't get the spawn out yet. It'll take a long time.

You want people to be hyoed about a mao that you arent even taking time to work on because of other projects that are so secretive you won't tell anyone about?

Guess I'll have to check out Fuerty's Forgeplex if I want an actual map....
I also forgot to mention this: The scripts for the GUI, Shop, Treasure System etc. Forgeplex is a MASSIVE project. Lots of scripts etc. I am setting up a new submission system. You can send your builds for the spawn to me soon if you want to and I'll include them in the spawn if they're good. :)
Also, What gives you the right to ask me about my other secret projects?]
Not to mention, this.
https://imgur.com/gEGS8JE (Something posted by Craig here)
OK. Let me put this quite simply.

You want people to be hyped about this map, that is understandable. But,  you are not giving people anything to be hyped about. You then proceed to get upset when people are not hyped, and dont understand why they arent hyped. And now you want people to build the map for you

Craig was talking about negativity, and this here is criticism. There is a big difference between the two. Criticism is discussing the issues which need to be fixed. For example, saying people should be hyoed or discussing you map, when it doesnt even look like you have a map.

As for your secret projects, freedom of speech and the charter of rights and freedoms give me the right to ask you about them, just as it gives you the right to keep them secret. Im simply trying to get you to give valid reasons to be hyped about this map, or at least give a valid excuse as to why in the several months of working on this you've providied virtually no tangable updates.

This isnt negativity, its criticism that in the end if you listened to it, and dont get offerended at it, it will actually help you down the line. Why is it you think people made the joke "I ownforgeplex"? Because in about five minutes of workimg on a map, they couod provide more than you have. I just want you to understand what generates interest here: pictures, and visible effort. You can say "op updated, added a script" but it really doesnt mead much if people cant see it. And falling back on "oh im working on other projects" simply implies that you care more about those projects than this map that you want people to be hyped about.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:42:17 PM by RF In The Jet »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »
and the charter of rights and freedoms
Jet we're literally the only 2 people here who this applies to.

Panther

• "King of Wakanda"
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 06:37:06 PM »
Make that 3, Trub.

On the topic (oh) on what Jet has said, You get everyone pumped for something that isn't even created that much, or even at all. If you wanted a whole, "Hype Train" or something them I suggest creating most, some or even ALL of the map, take some screenshots and show what this map is actually. You can't just have a discord server with something that isn't that developed. Hating and bad vibes are WAY different then constructive criticism (I know offhand.). My personal opinion on this is that your are rushing your making of a potential great map, You have the advertising there, but just early. Timing is key.

I have a obsession with Black Panther. I know.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
Before anything goes down I want to state one thing. Take the things GK,Jet, and McIntyre said as advice, As i am going to be honest when i come on the forums all i see is some post's and a lot on this map. But i honestly know nothing on this map aside from the name. My vibe based on the name is some Mineplex remake. And if that is what it is pictures would be beneficial for us to see what it is. The advertising is fine, I actually give you props because it's the only map i see a lot of. I just thought i would throw my two cents in.

P.S why have a discord server for a map if there is a total miner discord server?

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 05:05:44 AM »
Whats the theme? medieval? space? I made a space map one time. But that was when total miner was at its peak.

Forgeplex

• Owner of Forgeplex.
    • View Profile
    • Forgeplex Website (Released Website)
    • Awards
  • Steam: masterbroofficial
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 11:48:45 AM »
Give us map pics

I'd love to but I've been busy with more projects and I'm not the best with building. :) I can't get the spawn out yet. It'll take a long time.

You want people to be hyoed about a mao that you arent even taking time to work on because of other projects that are so secretive you won't tell anyone about?

I also forgot to mention this: The scripts for the GUI, Shop, Treasure System etc. Forgeplex is a MASSIVE project. Lots of scripts etc. I am setting up a new submission system. You can send your builds for the spawn to me soon if you want to and I'll include them in the spawn if they're good. :)
Not to mention, this.

You want people to be hyped about this map, that is understandable. But,  you are not giving people anything to be hyped about. You then proceed to get upset when people are not hyped, and dont understand why they arent hyped. And now you want people to build the map for you

Craig was talking about negativity, and this here is criticism. There is a big difference between the two. Criticism is discussing the issues which need to be fixed. For example, saying people should be hyoed or discussing you map, when it doesnt even look like you have a map.

As for your secret projects, freedom of speech and the charter of rights and freedoms give me the right to ask you about them, just as it gives you the right to keep them secret. Im simply trying to get you to give valid reasons to be hyped about this map, or at least give a valid excuse as to why in the several months of working on this you've providied virtually no tangable updates.

This isnt negativity, its criticism that in the end if you listened to it, and dont get offerended at it, it will actually help you down the line. Why is it you think people made the joke "I ownforgeplex"? Because in about five minutes of workimg on a map, they couod provide more than you have. I just want you to understand what generates interest here: pictures, and visible effort. You can say "op updated, added a script" but it really doesnt mead much if people cant see it. And falling back on "oh im working on other projects" simply implies that you care more about those projects than this map that you want people to be hyped about.
No but guess what, OTHER PROJECTS. And I'm serious. I've been really busy managing it all and stop criticizing me about this. I try my best! Yet you are THAT impatient that you are RUSHING me.
Forgeplex has been revived! See ya soon!
Forgeplex Progress is increasing!
My Twitter: twitter.com/MBroOfficial
The official owner of Forgeplex!
The official Discord: discord.gg/WqYS2mD

Spark

• I'm Italian and I love scripting
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ShoppingSpark3
  • Steam: Bananatelli
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
Yet you are THAT impatient that you are RUSHING me.
You haven't even started the map yet...
Amazing Scripter!

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »
Can you buy houses?
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 05:05:49 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Give us map pics

Not to mention, this.

No but guess what, OTHER PROJECTS. And I'm serious. I've been really busy managing it all and stop criticizing me about this. I try my best! Yet you are THAT impatient that you are RUSHING me.

You are missing the point here entirely... You are asking people to be hyped about a map that doesnt even seem to be your first priority. My point is, stop advertising something if you arent dedicated to it. Omce you create it, or have something to show, then yes by all means post about it, get people hyped; at that point you will have worked hard and put effort into it. But as of right now all that is happening is you say "Hey get hyped about Forgeplex, but just so you know im not working on forgeplex; but rather other, more important, "project"".

Im not rushing you nor am I impatient, in all honesty I do not personally care about this map, but I'm trying to help you see WHY you are being criticized. You post about being sad that there isnt hype, but there isnt much to have hype for. That is my whole point; just chill on the advertisement until you have something tangable to present
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Forgeplex

• Owner of Forgeplex.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Give us map pics

Not to mention, this.

You are missing the point here entirely... You are asking people to be hyped about a map that doesnt even seem to be your first priority. My point is, stop advertising something if you arent dedicated to it. Omce you create it, or have something to show, then yes by all means post about it, get people hyped; at that point you will have worked hard and put effort into it. But as of right now all that is happening is you say "Hey get hyped about Forgeplex, but just so you know im not working on forgeplex; but rather other, more important, "project"".

Im not rushing you nor am I impatient, in all honesty I do not personally care about this map, but I'm trying to help you see WHY you are being criticized. You post about being sad that there isnt hype, but there isnt much to have hype for. That is my whole point; just chill on the advertisement until you have something tangable to present
I ain't talking about the other project I'm more of a hobbyist yet everyone is rushing ME to make a MAP. I saw your post on "GK's Copy"

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 04:15:12 PM »
No one is rushing you. They just want to see some progress instead of multiple posts about nothing.

aGothicBunny

• ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DarkReaper45
  • PSN: Lightreaper45
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 10:09:28 PM »
Let him work, don't be hyped, have fun.

Forgeplex

• Owner of Forgeplex.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 03:51:02 PM »
Thanks aGothicBunny. I've been busy with YouTube settings and everything and I'm starting different projects too.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »
Thanks aGothicBunny. I've been busy with YouTube settings and everything and I'm starting different projects too.

Understandable. Usually it takes me between 10 to 12 weeks to go through this: https://imgur.com/lbxFc2N

That's actually why I haven't been posting any videos lately. Hopefully once I'm done I can start making my new map, planning on setting a personal goal of 10 blocks placed a day. Really pushing the boundaries of what I think is possible here.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ