Author Topic: [Game] Is it Worth the 10 Dollars?  (Read 836 times)

Forgotten

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Game] Is it Worth the 10 Dollars?
« on: February 02, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »
So I played total miner on the xbox 360 way back in the day I wanna say around 2012 or 2013, I didn't play it much but I do remember it being interesting and honestly Minecraft on PC is getting kinda stale. Too many pointless updates, little kids, and just changes to the game I don't like so I'm looking for an alternative for a while. I heard they added alot in some updates like scripting and such but is it worth buying? Should I wait for a sale?Should I not buy it at all? I'm asking those who already own the game.

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
Re: Is it Worth the 10 Dollars?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »
its absolutely worth $10. If not now, when multiplayer is out youll feel like you got an upgrade for free.

Not only that but think of all the things you could do in your minecraft worlds but more! mods, texture packs, communities? It's here as well as minecraft, except we ain't go no stuck up 10 year olds.. yet..

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
  • Awards 3 years on site 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:28:21 PM »
So I played total miner on the xbox 360 way back in the day I wanna say around 2012 or 2013, I didn't play it much but I do remember it being interesting and honestly Minecraft on PC is getting kinda stale. Too many pointless updates, little kids, and just changes to the game I don't like so I'm looking for an alternative for a while. I heard they added alot in some updates like scripting and such but is it worth buying? Should I wait for a sale?Should I not buy it at all? I'm asking those who already own the game.
It should be $20.00 in my opinion, so to answer your question, yes.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Yes. Next question.
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
Honestly, if I had to... I would pay $50!
Focus determines reality...

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 07:43:22 PM »
To anyone answering your post, yes it is. Mainly because if you look at us, we all have enough posts to tell you we have stuck around for a while, and are fans of the game.

Ultimately it depends in what you're looking for. I say its well worth the $10 to the point where I bought some friends the game, as well as myself.

If you haven't played since before scripts, I would say to start easy with it, and not overload yourself, or you will leave and never look back, because it changed so much.

If you are looking for a game that makes it very easy to mod in your own items, textures, and NPCs, then YES. this is a great deal. It's easily worth $20-30, but the $10 price tag makes it that much more affordable, and better of a deal.

Give it a try, and if its not for you, its only $10.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
  • Awards 3 years on site 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
Calm down.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:08:12 PM by Jared »

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 02:46:58 PM »
Calm down.

Actually, considering that I have 1,300+ hours on just my main map, I really would pay whatever price to continue playing it on PC. I can honestly TM is my favorite game. And I strongly recommend it to anyone with a need for creative outlet.
Focus determines reality...

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:50:12 PM »
As a guy who has been playing since 1.6 or 1.5 i dunno, this game has reached a high level of quality and love put into it with some minor hiccups, TM is always evolving and getting better. Hope you enjoy your copy of Total Miner PC stick around for a bit Craig and his community always has something great cooking.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 11:56:12 PM »
Not to echo those who have said it before, but yes it is 100% worth the $10 price, I do believe the reason it is so low is because of A, steams recommendation as well as B, a competitively low prices to contrast the already massive "similar" game of minecraft.

Obviously a lot has changed since youve left if you are talking about the scripts being "new", as such I would recommend learning and asking the community for aid. there are a lot of talented scripters and modders who have created guides to help with it. 
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 05:15:57 AM »
3 words.

Yes yes yes.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »
If you played on 360, its the same game, so if you liked it then youll like it now

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »
If you're like me and you dont like spending money, I can understand the hesitance. I bought the game right when it came out and enjoyed it for the first week or so but got tired of it (to be fair, dig deep was not added yet). I am very in favor of a complete survival revamp, but until then the sole reason I played on 360 was multiplayer. I hop on once or twice to play little survival or creative between classes at Uni, but not much else. Once multiplayer comes out ill be back on.

I give a tentative yes. If you have the time and money, sure. If your tight on money or time, I still say yes but think of it as a future investment for when multiplayer is released. That will be when the real fun begins
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

verisimilitudedude

• God will protect me, the one who serves him.
    • View Profile
    • EpikkGaming
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DivineExpertise
  • Steam: Expert Spade
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 02:40:01 AM »
In the current state, it is easily worth 30 dollars. Now, if Craig consistently updated it (which he refuses to do) then it would be worth no less than a good 90 dollars because when he chooses to add updates he is reliable in adding content that improves the game significantly. Because he refuses to update, sure, it is worth 10 dollars, but do not get your hopes up for more updates any time soon. I personally think the endless community needs to give Craig a push, but they clearly don't desire continued updates enough to actually mention it. Regardless, yes it is worth 10 dollars, even more.
Twas that the fiend who taunt me, or that the man who taunted his fate?

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 11:02:42 AM »
In the current state, it is easily worth 30 dollars. Now, if Craig consistently updated it (which he refuses to do) then it would be worth no less than a good 90 dollars because when he chooses to add updates he is reliable in adding content that improves the game significantly. Because he refuses to update, sure, it is worth 10 dollars, but do not get your hopes up for more updates any time soon. I personally think the endless community needs to give Craig a push, but they clearly don't desire continued updates enough to actually mention it. Regardless, yes it is worth 10 dollars, even more.
Refuses to do? The man had a new born child not to long ago do you know how much effort goes into having to raise a human? It's particularly easy add in coding witch also takes mutiplute hours theres really not a whole lot of time whitch is understandable.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm