Author Topic: [PC] Infinite Worlds Mod  (Read 1019 times)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
[PC] Re: Infinite Worlds Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 03:43:08 AM »
Do you have any idea on how this modder even did whatever he did I'm just curious on how he made worlds infinite but i do know theres a lot of .reg files in his world folders

The game has had infinite worlds since 2014, it's just been locked because it isn't properly finished, particularly the multiplayer side. The modder basically unlocked it.

Oh wow no way, wouldn't it be possible to release infinite flat worlds in that case since they're technically ready and don't need biome generation? Many of us would enjoy terraforming their own worlds and wouldn't use genarated terrain anyway.

On another note, since he simply unlocked the infinite terrain option and infinite worlds is already built into the game without mods, wouldn't it theoretically work online?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: Infinite Worlds Mod
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 06:27:25 AM »
I tried to get single player infinite flat worlds released for the last 360 update, but there were still too many things that didn't work properly, and there were more pressing things that needed to be fixed so I put it aside (again).

I say "particularly multiplayer", but really, there are still a lot of things that don't work properly in single player too. Let's just say there's still quite a bit to fix before it's releasable, even for flat worlds. But Infinite flat worlds will be a priority after multiplayer is released.

infinite worlds is already built into the game without mods, wouldn't it theoretically work online?
Online as in multiplayer? No, there are significant technical hurdles to get it working well in multiplayer. Mostly RAM issues for the host, but some others too. PC 64bit (via monogame) will fix the RAM issue.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
Re: Infinite Worlds Mod
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »
PC 64bit (via monogame) will fix the RAM issue.

I don't imagine we will be seeing 64bit Total Miner coming any time soon however? I remember you stating a few times in regards to it being a very tedious and time enduring task... Quote me if I'm wrong.