Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [PC] Infinite Worlds Mod  (Read 1608 times)

Bradley

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: ItzOnlyBradleey
  • Steam: Bradley
Re: Infinite Worlds Mod
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 12:43:36 PM »
Well, I mean.. I don't even have a gaming rig that can handle TMF. So, I have no voice in this.

What specs do you have haha.

Its a cool mod in my opinion, not used to the infinite generation, but I like it - dig deep won't have infinite generation will it?

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 01:07:39 PM »
Its a cool mod in my opinion, not used to the infinite generation, but I like it - dig deep won't have infinite generation will it?
It is unlikely.
-Alionz

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 06:16:27 PM »
Very interesting mod, however the only thing that completely pushes me away from using this is becuase we don't know if it will still work with the official infinite worlds once it's released, I don't see the point in spending time creating a multi-player based map on a world that I don't know will work online, even after the official infinite worlds.
Not doubting this at all though, this is by far the best mod I've seen anyone release so far, I'm excited to give survival a go on one of these worlds!
Yes it's for fun only. Do not start a serious world project on these maps. The actual infinite worlds release will likely not support your save. The initial multiplayer release 100% certainly will not.

Not even in pure single player?
Not even pure single player. The current Biome generation I'm using is a hack, and the terrain generation is too simple. I'll be creating a proper biome generator and better terrain generation (3d noise rather than 2d noise, so we can have overhangs etc). I have no plans to backward support the current generator.

Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 10:31:43 PM »
Not even pure single player. The current Biome generation I'm using is a hack, and the terrain generation is too simple. I'll be creating a proper biome generator and better terrain generation (3d noise rather than 2d noise, so we can have overhangs etc). I have no plans to backward support the current generator.
[/quote]
Do you have any idea on how this modder even did whatever he did I'm just curious on how he made worlds infinite but i do know theres a lot of .reg files in his world folders

(well....atleast i try to quote you right)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 02:14:12 AM »
Do you have any idea on how this modder even did whatever he did I'm just curious on how he made worlds infinite but i do know theres a lot of .reg files in his world folders

The game has had infinite worlds since 2014, it's just been locked because it isn't properly finished, particularly the multiplayer side. The modder basically unlocked it.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 03:43:08 AM »

The game has had infinite worlds since 2014, it's just been locked because it isn't properly finished, particularly the multiplayer side. The modder basically unlocked it.

Oh wow no way, wouldn't it be possible to release infinite flat worlds in that case since they're technically ready and don't need biome generation? Many of us would enjoy terraforming their own worlds and wouldn't use genarated terrain anyway.

On another note, since he simply unlocked the infinite terrain option and infinite worlds is already built into the game without mods, wouldn't it theoretically work online?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 06:27:25 AM »
I tried to get single player infinite flat worlds released for the last 360 update, but there were still too many things that didn't work properly, and there were more pressing things that needed to be fixed so I put it aside (again).

I say "particularly multiplayer", but really, there are still a lot of things that don't work properly in single player too. Let's just say there's still quite a bit to fix before it's releasable, even for flat worlds. But Infinite flat worlds will be a priority after multiplayer is released.

infinite worlds is already built into the game without mods, wouldn't it theoretically work online?
Online as in multiplayer? No, there are significant technical hurdles to get it working well in multiplayer. Mostly RAM issues for the host, but some others too. PC 64bit (via monogame) will fix the RAM issue.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »
PC 64bit (via monogame) will fix the RAM issue.

I don't imagine we will be seeing 64bit Total Miner coming any time soon however? I remember you stating a few times in regards to it being a very tedious and time enduring task... Quote me if I'm wrong.