Author Topic: [Creative] can you change the maxinum of blocks for marker blocks infinate  (Read 692 times)

Brandon?

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Creative] can you change the maxinum of blocks for marker blocks infinate
« on: January 06, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
Really its annoying
But I am not pressuring you   :D

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: can you change the maxinum of blocks for marker blocks infinate
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:37:30 PM »
You couldn't pressure me anyway.

The limit is there for a technical reason. Once the game is ported to monogame which will enable a 64bit version, the limit can be relaxed.

scottmu65

• =) Hi There!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ScottMU
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:51:36 AM »

The limit is there for a technical reason. Once the game is ported to monogame which will enable a 64bit version, the limit can be relaxed.

If the game is being ported to Monogame does that make an Xbox One version theoretically possible?
GT: ScottMU

Host of Castle Crusade Challenge World and soon to host The Colosseum and Cave Crusade Adventure Challenge!

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:09:17 AM »

...just do it... All the cool kids are doing it...

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »

If the game is being ported to Monogame does that make an Xbox One version theoretically possible?
As far as whats been said thats the plan

scottmu65

• =) Hi There!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »

Thanks for the response, I've been away from Total Miner for quite a while now so wasn't sure of the current plans for it, I have just bought the game on Steam so looking forward to getting to know the new layout/functions etc. But I remembered, probably a long while ago now, that Monogame was mentioned as a possible solution to porting to the Xbox One if Craig ever got around to converting it. Also I am guessing that would make it also available on the Windows 10 store in addition to Steam.

So keeping my fingers crossed for an Xbox One port sooner rather than later after all! Great work.

Host of Castle Crusade Challenge World and soon to host The Colosseum and Cave Crusade Adventure Challenge!

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 02:55:41 AM »
Why would we need it in the windows 10 store if we already have it on steam? Seems completely unnecessary to me. @scottmu65
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

scottmu65

• =) Hi There!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 07:39:15 AM »
Why would we need it in the windows 10 store if we already have it on steam? Seems completely unnecessary to me. @scottmu65

I wasnít requesting a version for Windows 10 but if itís converted to Monogame it would presumably have to be added to the Microsoft store as a UWP in order to make it available on Xbox One which would in turn make it playable on Windows 10 also, would also give the option for cross-platform multiplayer.

Thatís my basic understanding of how Monogame works anyway.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 04:06:34 PM »

Thanks for the response, I've been away from Total Miner for quite a while now so wasn't sure of the current plans for it, I have just bought the game on Steam so looking forward to getting to know the new layout/functions etc. But I remembered, probably a long while ago now, that Monogame was mentioned as a possible solution to porting to the Xbox One if Craig ever got around to converting it. Also I am guessing that would make it also available on the Windows 10 store in addition to Steam.

So keeping my fingers crossed for an Xbox One port sooner rather than later after all! Great work.
if you call Xbox one port sooner "not the priority" the game have to be re-written from C# to C++ in order for the game to be on Xbox one which will take a really long time considering a simple pc port is really different from re-writing the game in a new code format.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 06:34:17 AM »
if you call Xbox one port sooner "not the priority" the game have to be re-written from C# to C++ in order for the game to be on Xbox one which will take a really long time considering a simple pc port is really different from re-writing the game in a new code format.
That's incorrect. Xbox One is now possible with a port to monogame, which is a C# API.

scottmu65

• =) Hi There!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
That's incorrect. Xbox One is now possible with a port to monogame, which is a C# API.

So is this likely to happen at some point in the near future? :)