Author Topic:  ImgBit - A free and simple image hosting website.  (Read 224 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
ImgBit - A free and simple image hosting website.
« on: January 06, 2018, 04:32:35 AM »
Hola all. I see so many members complaining about imgur & tinypic that I decided to host my own image hosting website with the aim of it being fast and simple. Hopefully this will make it easier for members and will also encourage members to add screenshots to their downloads aswell. It is the same method whether you are making a post or submitting a download.

Firstly you're going to need your screenshots. This is easily done in Windows 10 by pressing the windows key and print screen. This will automatically save the respective screenshot into your Pictures > Screenshots folder.

Next you need to open the ImgBit website in your browser then bring your screenshots folder to the foreground/front as shown below.

Then you can drag and drop any images you want to upload on to any page on the ImgBit website as shown below.

If preferred you can also use the main upload button on the homepage.

Once you have done this and if you have created an account on ImgBit then you will see a dropdown list of any albums you have created to add the images to, like the image below.

After you have selected your album to upload to or if you are uploading as a guest then you will be taken straight to the image links like below.

From the Embed Codes drop down list you will see all available methods of linking your images. For the Total Miner forum (posts & downloads) I would recommend using -> BBCode medium linked.

Once you've selected the above you will then see the required BBCode as shown below:

Using the above displayed BBCode will result in the images being shown like:

This is my own website, on my own servers so if you have any questions or suggestions then please let me know.

I hope this makes it easier for members to add screenshots to their topics and posts as well as adding screenshots to their submitted downloads.

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ImgBit - A free and simple image hosting website.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:09:27 AM »
Man, you were not kidding this is a really cool website I'm using it currently.

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
Re: ImgBit - A free and simple image hosting website.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:44:34 PM »
Very well made!