Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Modded Block Textures Fade  (Read 343 times)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
  • Other: 何
Modded Block Textures Fade
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:54:39 AM »
Not sure if this is intentional or not, but when a mod applies a texture over a block, if you go a certain distance away, the mod's texture starts fading away. Not permanent mind you, but it's annoying seeing the texture not stay at a distance.
This picture will show what I mean. Click to enlarge

Craig

• TM Creator
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: Modded Block Textures Fade
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:57:08 AM »
This is only an issue with HD textures. The green is coming from the mipmap texture. To fix, I will at least downscale the texture you provide into the mipmap texture. But a complete solution is to provide a way for you to (optionally) provide your own mipmap texture.

AlienizdPixel

• Jr. Moderator
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 07:51:39 AM »
This is only an issue with HD textures. The green is coming from the mipmap texture. To fix, I will at least downscale the texture you provide into the mipmap texture. But a complete solution is to provide a way for you to (optionally) provide your own mipmap texture.
I recall you introducing a method for that.
Try copying the textures, and resizing them so they are 16x16, and pasting it directly below the 64x64 textures.
-Alionz

Craig

• TM Creator
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 08:51:36 PM »
I recall you introducing a method for that.
Try copying the textures, and resizing them so they are 16x16, and pasting it directly below the 64x64 textures.

Yes you are right AlienizdPixel.

Example: