Author Topic: [Discussion] GK's Mod Discussion/Support Topic  (Read 2605 times)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
[Discussion] Re: GK's Mod Discussion/Support Topic
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »
I won't be doing any of that. Because I don't want to, and mainly because this topic isn't for suggestions/requests or ideas for new mods.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: GK's Mod Discussion/Support Topic
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »
Another preview of what GK is working on:

Did you modify the default /gk skin? Not as in the model, The XML data. I thought Craig said custom avatars weren't possible yet.
I actually replaced the Carpenter model just to see if I could actually do this. No xmls were used, I literally just replaced a model. I messaged good old craig to see if it's currently possible to add avatars instead of replacing them and he said yes. No explanation how though.

So you posted some western stuff in my wild, wild west thread awhile ago. Is it okay if I use those textures now that they may be inside your mod?
Yes, that stuff was originally made for you so you can do as you like with it
Thanks! Didn't want to steal your work

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »
Boy, wouldn't a bunch of toy soldiers be fun to play with?

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »
You missed out on a golden opportunity by not making them look like the little plastic army men that everyone had as a kid.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »
You missed out on a golden opportunity by not making them look like the little plastic army men that everyone had as a kid.
Oh believe me, I considered that. But there were two key defining factors of why I didn't. 1, I was inspired by minecraft's Clay Soldiers mod for this, and 2, I'm lazy.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »
ATTENTION!
Ok so like, I've revised my previous idea and will stick to the current method. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 03:45:56 PM by The Gold Knight »

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 04:46:20 AM »
New mod added! A unique custom block! Check OP for details.

Due to the nature of the mod, it requires a different installation method. Make sure to read the instructions on its download page.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »
New Update to the Toy Soldiers mod that improves the ToySoldier behavior.

IGamingMonsterI

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IGamingMonsterI
  • Steam: IGamingMonsterI
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »
This question isn't directly related to your mod.

I recently made a mod and the textures were working fine when I tested them, but I edited the textures a little and now all the modded items show up blank with no texture.

Has this happened to you? I've tried to fix the problem but I cannot figure out what is wrong.
(-.-)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 11:36:27 PM »
This question isn't directly related to your mod.

I recently made a mod and the textures were working fine when I tested them, but I edited the textures a little and now all the modded items show up blank with no texture.

Has this happened to you? I've tried to fix the problem but I cannot figure out what is wrong.
I had something like this happen when I was making my armory mod.
A couple things you could try:
1. Check the textures xml, and make sure the ids match up with the ids in the ItemData xml.
2. Check the texture png, and try making all the items line up going 32 spaces horizontally before going down another row.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »
A look at what I've been up to:

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 02:50:24 AM »
Another preview of what's to come:
Vehicles!

These will remain unreleased until I can make them act as a team with the npcs of the same color.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 04:11:44 AM »
Good News!
The toy soldiers mod has been updated, and now includes all new units! A Jeep, Tank, and Helicopter can now be spawned in! Even Better News! The behaviors have been overhauled and now, if used properly, allow the npcs to actually act as a team with their corresponding colors!

IMPORTANT to make them work properly, on the npc spawn blocks, you have to set the inventory to contain the colored block of the color they are. For example, if you have a green tank and green jeep, they should have the green block in their inventories to make sure they don't attack each other, and make sure red/blue/yellow units all have their corresponding color in their inventory.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 06:24:46 AM »
Good News GK!

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 06:19:57 AM »
The Toy Soldiers mod has been updated once again. The behaviors are now all tucked away neatly into the Toys behavior folder. Oh, there's also 6 new teams, if you think that's neat or something.