Author Topic:  [res:x,y] variable  (Read 225 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
[res:x,y] variable
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:15:26 PM »
It's recently come to my attention that HUD elements are based off pixel measurements still. While this was not a problem on 360, With all the possible resolution scales from people's different monitor setups, It could become problematic on PC.

To amend this, I suggest [res:x,y] to variables to retrieve the resolution of the player's screen.

This allows people to position and size HUD elements based on normalized values.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Bradley0130

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [res:x,y] variable
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »
You smart

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 04:59:22 AM »
It's recently come to my attention that HUD elements are based off pixel measurements still. While this was not a problem on 360, With all the possible resolution scales from people's different monitor setups, It could become problematic on PC.

To amend this, I suggest [res:x,y] to variables to retrieve the resolution of the player's screen.

This allows people to position and size HUD elements based on normalized values.
Ohmygoddryymifthisgetsaddedillbesohappy, I like this idea, and I feel its an important feature that should be implemented...
Craig doesn't know me.

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 05:21:59 AM »
players screen resolution is such a hard topic when it comes to HUD as the bars and notifications will be AWOL and you wouldn't even know.