Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Bioshock General Discussion  (Read 1925 times)

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
Re: Bioshock General Discussion
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
Weird timing. I'm playing through Bioshock 2 for the first time right now. Yes my backlog is actually that bad. I just finished Infinite for the first time a few days ago, though I've played that before, I didn't go far into it, I got to about the part where you first meet Elizabeth and then never got back to it.

Either way, nice video @Nefty . It's an interesting what-if take on what the next game would be like if/when it ever actually happens.

Thanks bob. Personally Bioshock 2 is my favorite of all three and I think it was criminally underrated. Infinite is a really great story but i didnt like how you can only carry two guns at once. My favorite part about the first two games was the multitude of weapons to choose from. IF/When another game is made, I hope this feature returns.

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
Idk, I couldn't get into Bioshock 2 honestly. Just felt like Bioshock 1 but more clunky due to being a big daddy.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »
Idk, I couldn't get into Bioshock 2 honestly. Just felt like Bioshock 1 but more clunky due to being a big daddy.

The only clunkiness i felt was your hands working independently of one another. Im probably just bad at the game but that still feels really weird to me.

Panther

• "King of Wakanda"
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »
Personally, My favorite was Bioshock 2 as well with the variety of weapons you can find later in the game. I have the Remastered and I'm thinking about beating it again for fun.

I have a obsession with Black Panther. I know.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 11:25:47 PM »
So I finished Bioshock 2 (yeah, I'm slow). As far as how I'd rank the series, I'd go 1>Infinite>2. Not that it's a bad game, it just didn't have the freshness that 1 did at the time (and Infinite by extension with the move to Columbia). I did like the weapon variety though, and the storyline despite the reused setting.

I actually played it through BC on the Xbone and wow, is it ever some of the worst emulation I've ever seen. By about the third mission you start coming across entire sections of the stages that are transparent when they shouldn't be, walls that are missing their textures completely so you're looking through the wall and directly into the water or another room that you can't go into because there's actually a wall you can't see there. In the later stages all the prisoner models are semi-transparent so they look like weird ghosts, and the best one was when you first find Eleanor when she's locked in the chamber... she has no head. This one particularly confused me because all the other models did. I couldn't quite figure out if she was supposed to be some weird reanimated corpse or if it was a glitch. They really should not be letting people pay money for something so obviously completely untested.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »
What's weird about my play throughs of this game series is, I have NEVER touched Bioshock 2. Yet, I've played the first one (extensively), and Infinite. Infinite which, by the way I do NOT enjoy, was only played through half way. I MUCH prefer the first, and wish it was the ONLY, game. Some may disagree, but I just felt being a Big Daddy would take away the mystery and terrifying allure of the games top antagonist. But one day I may give it a shot. Until then, Bioshock is my favored game. I very much doubt I'll ever finish Infinite. I just didn't like anything about it. The setting, story, characters, the pace, the interface, nothing really attracted me.