Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Mod Support?  (Read 745 times)

Wolfquest123

• Building All Day.
    • View Profile
Mod Support?
« on: December 21, 2017, 04:34:17 AM »
I'm just wondering... Will mods be single player only, and will be deactivated when you start Multiplayer (when it's out)?
RioluGamers

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
Re: Mod Support?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:04:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure, assuming its the same as any other game, they would be tied to the map in general. Meaning everyone who has the mod can join the map (don't quote me craig is watching). But that's about the Workshop mods which is don't think will be released for a while.

Wolfquest123

• Building All Day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:08:37 AM »
Mods will make things a bit more complex... But I guess it doesn't really matter. Total Miner is amazing no matter what. Thanks!
RioluGamers

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 05:19:53 AM »
I'm just wondering... Will mods be single player only, and will be deactivated when you start Multiplayer (when it's out)?

I think that when people join they will be asked to download the mods that are in that world from the steam workshop.

Wolfquest123

• Building All Day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:23:46 AM »

I think that when people join they will be asked to download the mods that are in that world from the steam workshop.

Makes sense. Well, hope steam workshop doesn't come out for a bit. Would like to play it just like the Xbox version for a bit.
RioluGamers

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 05:25:59 AM »

Makes sense. Well, hope steam workshop doesn't come out for a bit. Would like to play it just like the Xbox version for a bit.

I've heard that multiplayer is not even going to be in the first update after release so you have nothing to worry about.

Wolfquest123

• Building All Day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 05:29:49 AM »

I've heard that multiplayer is not even going to be in the first update after release so you have nothing to worry about.

I know, I read that too. Luckily without Multiplayer, I can focus on how the NPC scripting works for my new RPG world that I'll be working on. Kinda hope Multiplayer releases fairly quickly though, best part of TM.
RioluGamers

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 05:32:56 AM »
I know, I read that too. Luckily without Multiplayer, I can focus on how the NPC scripting works for my new RPG world that I'll be working on. Kinda hope Multiplayer releases fairly quickly though, best part of TM.

It is but i'm also glad as we have time to create our worlds to a multiplayer standard.

Wolfquest123

• Building All Day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 05:36:26 AM »

It is but i'm also glad as we have time to create our worlds to a multiplayer standard.

Well, Craig did mention Multiplayer is the main thing to work on, sweet. But yeah, having some time to create and build our worlds is nice. Man, so hyped for the 23rd!
RioluGamers

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 05:44:43 AM »

Well, Craig did mention Multiplayer is the main thing to work on, sweet. But yeah, having some time to create and build our worlds is nice. Man, so hyped for the 23rd!

2 more days to go sir, that's all.