Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [PC] Skryim Recreation: Quests and All  (Read 2228 times)

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
Re: Skryim Recreation: Quests and All
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
If you can weapon levels then that would be awesome. Like have it so you can't use the greenstone gold swOrd until X level.

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
  • PSN: WhereThatWallAt
  • Steam: WhereThatWallAt
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »
The idea is to mimic Skyrim's system :P
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
Oh yeah they didn't have weapon level locks. It was just very rare to find a good weapon. The skills (especially sneak and archery) are gonna be hard to do.

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
I think I'm gonna attempt to do this with enemies being NPCs controlled by elaborate behavior trees. Anybody know if you can disable mob spawning without setting the game to peaceful? The sneak on enemies is going to be handled by check of a custom variable that will handle aggro distance and possibly a steal mechanic. Archery, I believe is already in the game. I'm debating enabling local skills to simplify the application of a leveling system, but I'm prepared to do an entire script-based overhaul of every skill involved.
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
Are you putting the entire skyrim map in? you know you can barely fit Whiterun in right?

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »
Skyrim in the game world, excluding other dimensions, is estimated to be 5+km x 3+km. There is a good chance that the map size will be expanded after release, but even if it isn't, I can still make the map in parts on separate worlds. Ideal would obviously be to fit it into one map, whether that be possible through an update or through modding. I think it should be possible to make bigger maps before I get to the point of it being a problem. On launch, I will be focusing on creating the demo for people to play. The demo will include Helgen, Whiterun, and Riverwood most likely. If I finish the demo before this change happens, then I will focus my attention of creating component packs for the project, including scripts, behavior trees, and structures.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:40:58 PM by WhereThatWallAt »
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 04:43:53 PM »
Won't be for a while though, if its early I would be happy. I know from personal experience that building Skyrim is a limited task because of map size. Whiterun doesn't actually fit inside its walls in game so you have to expand slightly. And then there's the river/waterfall that sits next to the throat of the world, I had to change the location of that river so many times, I haven't built a river since. you can only do a fraction of the throat of the world before you realise there's 9304965836 meters more steps to put in that steer off where you didn't far enough. Breath cY.. breath

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
The measurements I gave are about as accurate as you can get to converting it to measurements. Each block, I presume, is 1 meter. that means the entire map of skyrim fits in about a 5.5 thousand x 3.5 thousand block area. The goal is to match this scale as perfect as possible.
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 04:53:07 PM »
Really? To be honest I would have thought bigger but I haven't built the whole thing so i can 't say much

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
Skryim Recreation: Quests and All
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
The post I got this information from approximated the height of their person. Using the height of the person they found that the doorways are a certain height. Then used the doorways to find the length of a building. Then used that building as a standard for finding the size of each cell in the game. Then itís just simple multiplication. Itís all conjecture but the math holds up so it can be reasonably used. Based on lore, Skyrim is obviously much bigger than that, of course.
I found the wall.