Author Topic:  Avatar models that could easly be turned into cubiods  (Read 765 times)

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
Avatar models that could easly be turned into cubiods
« on: June 09, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »

The avatars in this video I have has since last august hope that they can be implemented into the cuboid avatar system or the armor textures I came up with could be added.

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Avatar models that could easly be turned into cubiods
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »
The big idea of this map was to be the next gen in avatars for the game.

Consisting of 3 sizes with the first avatars at 1.8 to 1.7 block in hieght as well as ones that are 75% and 50% that size.

The reson for down sizing them would be to accomadate the larger playable races as well as the smaller ones such as dwarfs, goblins, hobbits and gnomes.

The key to having these new races would be down sizing the cuboids/models and keeping the textures.

Also having it so that any race can use any outfit regardless of race or sex by having male and female cuboids and only changing the skin texture for race was my main goal making the game far more diverse than it is now appealing to more players.

As well I was hoping to have it so that players could mix and match parts of the avatars such as the lower uppers and head however having lower and upper legs/waist, lower arm and upper arm/torso, and head for armor would be good as well.

I belive that having lower legs, upper legs, lower arms, upper arms, waist, torso and neck, and head should be the 11 basic cuboids the game should use for the upcoming avatars.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
I'm fairly certain cuboids will not be made of voxel models from the game but rather their own pieces from some 3d model thing, basically, using blocks from in game would make no difference...

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »
It's how pixel art was made, how it is done too.
-Alionz

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
The avatars would be examples of models and textures that craig can add for cuboids avatars.