Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Sprinting  (Read 4621 times)

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
Re: Sprinting
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »
ik nobody has replied to this in a while, but if people don’t want this to be added because of how parkour will be “ruined”, then maybe we can have the option to enable or disable sprint in zones. btw great idea!!! i’ve always wanted this enough that i just made my own scripts for sprinting.
The whole point is to reduce movement speed and use Sprint to move like the regular speed we are used to.

This makes more sense.

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »
The current speed in TM is not bad nor is it good its smooth and comfortable and the bobbing and feels nice just walking around. Sprint would fit survival mode and Dig Deep because of the brutal mob design and placement of the Troll Chief and Werewolves..

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 12:06:13 PM »
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=3.0

Number 15.

This topic has been spoken of extensively. I believe they came to the conclusion that, not only is the speed already fine, it's faster than Minecraft's walk speed. Not to mention one could speed up anyone using zones and what not

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 01:22:00 PM »
I tried scripting a zone that follows you and has a speed boost. It worked sorta,  too laggy on my map.  I tried to script flight too.  I usually died on that 1....
Focus determines reality...

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 04:38:12 AM »
I don't know, maybe the opposite would be better in this game. Nerfing your movement speed and making you press a button or anything to get it back to "normal" would suck for longtime players. However, a walk option wouldn't be without it's uses. I mean for one, it would be great move slower when trying not to fall off a block. Two, in theory it could provide a combat advantage if implemented in a way that changes your stats. Running into someone's fist or sword or claws would result in them hurting you worse in theory, while your own attacks would have more momentum when moving at full speed. So by increasing defense and reducing attack while "walking", you can create more intricate combat. And third, and probably useless for most people, I think it would add a nice touch when it comes to RPG maps to be able to choose to not always be running at full speed wherever you go. I just think that instead of lowering the normal speed of our players we can give an advantage to going slower once in awhile.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas