Rogue Legacy is a game for PS3 and PS Vita, and now it was released for PS4.
This game is definitely one of my all time favorites, ever.
It is so unique and the gameplay is endless.
The main idea is that you are going through dungeons/castles as a fighter. And every time you die, you respawn as your previous' character's child. This means all traits are passed down, while new ones form. Here are the Key Features listed on the games description.
• A procedurally generated castle means every run is different.
• Rogue-lite. Your character dies, but with each passing your lineage grows and becomes stronger.
• Tons of unique traits making every play through special. Want to be dyslexic? Now you can!
• 10 different classes to master! Each class comes with unique abilities that change the way you play the game.
• All wizards have beards. Regardless of gender.
• Over 60 different enemies to test your skills against. Hope you like palette-swaps!
• Equip your heroes with powerful weaponry and armor, and imbue them with special abilities like flight, dash, and air jumping.
• A wicked sweet soundtrack.
• Massive, expandable skill tree. Rack in the loot and upgrade your manor, giving your successors a wicked sweet edge.
• Wicked sweet fart jokes.
A youtube video for those who want to see what it looks like.