Author Topic: [Help Needed] Scripts to auto join a clan for a team  (Read 1963 times)

Gemcaster

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Gem caster
[Help Needed] Scripts to auto join a clan for a team
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:21:30 AM »
I'm marking a warfare map and how can I make it so players auto join a clan and at the end they leave I have the activation to the this script or how can I make it so people on the same team can't kill each other for 5 to 4 minutes

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Scripts to auto join a clan for a team
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:04:01 AM »
A comprehensible answer requires a comprehensible question.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 05:26:32 AM »
Translation: How do I make a script where a player can automatically join a clan/team? Also how can I make it so they cannot kill each other when they are in the same team together, for up to 5 minutes?

I think that is what he was trying to say, not to sound rude at all  ::)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:29:57 AM »
for the team thing, assign this script

if
IsRandom [1,2]
then
clan [team 1]
else
clan [team 2]

to the player joins event script.if you want to tie multiple scripts that activate when a player joins, add that script name, or script [xxxxxxx]
onto a different script, along with whatever scripts you want to use for it as well, and use the other script as the player joins event script
or

script name=player joins scripts

1: script [xxxxx]
2: script [xxxxx]

ect

if you wanna remove their clan that they're in, do the same thing with adding a script to the player leaves event script and add a script using

Clan [remove]
that way with these 2 setup, when they join, the IsRandom 1.2 gives them a 50% chance of joining one of the 2 clans you have set, and when they leave it removes them from the clan they re in so that way they join a different clan each time they rejoin

and i wouldn't add a script that allows team killing,that's just silly and would make people leave your map when they get team killed :P

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 05:37:50 AM »
and i wouldn't add a script that allows team killing,that's just silly and would make people leave your map when they get team killed

Maybe he wants it to be set like a 'hardcore' game mode from a Call of Duty game?

However, he could make it where if you try to kill someone in your team, it automatically kills you instead. Or else he could make it where if you kill people in your team up to a maximum of 3 times, it kicks you or else disables your gun for 30 seconds etc. I'm not even sure that is even possible to script but it's an idea nonetheless.

Or as .ok said, just make it so where they can't team-kill at all, that would be the easier route 

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:40:49 AM »
and i wouldn't add a script that allows team killing,that's just silly and would make people leave your map when they get team killed

Maybe he wants it to be set like a 'hardcore' game mode from a Call of Duty game?

However, he could make it where if you try to kill someone in your team, it automatically kills you instead. Or else he could make it where if you kill people in your team up to a maximum of 3 times, it kicks you or else disables your gun for 30 seconds etc. I'm not even sure that is even possible to script but it's an idea nonetheless.

Or as .ok said, just make it so where they can't team-kill at all, that would be the easier route 
yea its possible i think but would be really complex or involve alot of scripting to do it if you wanna get technical.i wont attempt to do it until hes sure of what he wants to do

Gemcaster

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Gem caster
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:32:46 AM »
thanks I'll try. I have clan protection so if players join a clan they can't kill each other and then they have to fight the other team and the game last 5 minutes then the game is over they wil leave the clan and be teleported to spawn where their a new kill zone

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
You also need a safeguard so it doesn't add 10 people on team 1 and 3 on team 2. Here's to make balanced teams.

Var [team1] = [syshistory:team1]
Var [team2] = [syshistory:team2]

//this will randomly add to a team, if balanced...
If
IsVar [team1] [=] [team2]
IsRandom [1:2]
Then
History [team1] [+1]
Clan [team1]
Elseif
IsVar [team1] [=] [team2]
Then
History [team2] [+1]
Clan [team2]

//this will balance out the teams...
Elseif
IsVar [team1] [<] [team2]
Then
History [team1] [+1]
Clan[team1]
Elseif
IsVar [team1] [>] [team2]
Then
History [team2] [+1]
Clan[team2]

Set that for when they enter the zone for the PvP area, or join the map.

You also need the cancel script, but just use this...

If
Isclan [team1]
Then
History [team1] [-1]
Clan [remove]
Elseif
Isclan [team2]
Then
History [team2] [-1]

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 01:24:55 PM »
For the team kill kick script, I'm not too sure. I have trouble with the context [killer] to be able to set up something like that