Author Topic: [Deathmatch] ~Perdition~ Welcome to Hell.  (Read 3214 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
[Deathmatch] ~Perdition~ Welcome to Hell.
« on: January 09, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »

Perdition
~Welcome to Hell!~

Perdition
[pərˈdiSHən]
  • A state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death.

Perdition is a deathmine that takes place in Hell.
I am sure most of you are aware of the deathmine world concept. I'm going to try to make it different enough for it to be somewhat enjoyable, But similar enough that people may actually play it.

The main "gameplay" of the map is mining rock to sacrifice to the lord of Hell, Nergal. In reward for your sacrifice, You gain Blood Points, Which can be sacrificed to obtain better gear, Potions, Etc.

Upon death, You will lose 10% of your Blood Points in order to create a new physical form for your soul to reside in. If you have less than 1000 Blood Points upon death, You will be cast into The Abyss where you must destroy the bodies of other lost souls to regain enough Blood Points to return to Hell.

Upon being killed by a player, You will lose 5% of your blood points, Which are then given to your killer.

For players not content with Deathmines gameplay, There is a side quest that can be played that may actually be somewhat fun.

You can choose to leave the underground portion of Hell and explore the plains of Hell. On the plains of Hell, You can find mobs such as Hell Spiders, And Lost Souls.

These mobs can be killed for Blood Points and additional gear.
In addition to these, You may find Demons. Demons are tough mobs with advanced AI and magical attacks.

Upon killing a Demon, You can obtain its soul. Demon souls are sacrificed in exchange for demonic powers.

The plains of Hell are also entirely PVP enabled, Allowing you to test your equipment on other players, As well as mobs.

So, Yes. I am a hypocrite. I hate Deathmines, And yet here I am adding to the problem. But hey, I guess I am spending my time in Hell for it.

My reasoning behind making this map stems from the fact that my medieval map is unfeasible on 360.

I put so much work into that map that the fact that it won't work is kinda heart wrenching.

PWRBTTN said that I should be less ambitious, And I joked about the fact that that would make me a Deathmines host. So here we are.

I'm not doing this so that I can get Demis (Unlike some people...) I am doing this because in how many years I have played this game, I have never once hosted a playable map openly. I have tried, But that never worked out for me. With the 360 community on its last legs, The only shot I really have is a somewhat decent Deathmine to be honest.

It's the right balance of something people would want, And something that I can do quickly.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

LB

• Founder of Catsbury and Creditland
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
Re: ~Perdition~ Welcome to Hell.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
We can be hypocrites together.
Two people with talent that is being completely wasted on an uninteresting concept that people like for some reason.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »
I'm not doing this so that I can get Demis (Unlike some people...)

Was that a shot at LB from the other topic he made? :D

I joined this a while back and I really enjoyed the concept and design, yet it was still in it's early stages. I would love to join back once you have completed it! Good luck to you and LB (forgot to say good luck to him in his topic... Sorry LB) :)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:36:34 PM »
I'm not doing this so that I can get Demis (Unlike some people...)

Was that a shot at LB from the other topic he made? :D

I joined this a while back and I really enjoyed the concept and design, yet it was still in it's early stages. I would love to join back once you have completed it! Good luck to you and LB (forgot to say good luck to him in his topic... Sorry LB) :)

Noooooooo... ;)

Progress has been made so far, Crazytater gave me a whole hell of a lot of stuff that would make nice random decor.

Demons are mostly done aside from the fact that not all of their spells are finished.

The only things I need to do before this map is playable are to finish the mines, Make the sacrificial altar, And finish up the other builds and scripts.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:21 PM »
Next time you host let me know, Ill come on and take some pics, maybe make a video!

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »
Sounds like an awesome concept! Some things like mob behavior are really only going to be possible on PC, but might as well get your foundation taken care of in the mean time.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 11:33:51 PM »
Sounds like an awesome concept! Some things like mob behavior are really only going to be possible on PC, but might as well get your foundation taken care of in the mean time.

Actually, This is a 360 only map. It will not be brought to PC. I want Deathmines to die on PC.

I actually have fully functional AI for the demons in my map. It's basic (They only strafe, Disarm, And use spells) but it's enough to make combat with demons more interesting than vanilla.

You could technically do most of what you can with NPC behaviours involving actual AI on retail 360 with scripts. It just takes some thinking.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 03:19:57 AM »
You're still being ambitious. Stop it. No interesting mob fights. No interesting twists. Nothing interesting.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:42:38 AM »
It won't die. Probably lose a lot of popularity, but the concept of a deathmatch that uses mining as a way to generate income will never die.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 08:47:29 AM »
You're still being ambitious. Stop it. No interesting mob fights. No interesting twists. Nothing interesting.

I am physically unable to do that. If I tried, I would just lose interest and build a plots map.

It won't die. Probably lose a lot of popularity, but the concept of a deathmatch that uses mining as a way to generate income will never die.

That's implying that a deathmine is a deathmatch that uses mining as a way to generate income.

The way I see it, Deathmines are low effort (Even building a decent looking deathmine is extremely low effort.) maps with basic mechanics to generate rates for the host.

I just said that I want them to die, Not that I am completely expecting them to.

I do think that the lack of freedom and complexity will alienate deathmine hosts from the more mature audience we'll likely get from TMPC.

The lack of freedom is actually part of what made me want to set this in Hell. Realistically, Hell is probably one of the best possible settings for this specific gameplay.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 04:53:11 AM »

Hell is probably one of the best possible settings for this specific gameplay.

That and in the north pole. How else is Santa going to have a steady supply of coal for all the naughty girls and boys (especially today's youth)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 05:01:41 AM »
How else is Santa going to have a steady supply of coal for all the naughty girls and boys (especially today's youth)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

That and in the north pole. How else is Santa going to have a steady supply of coal for all the naughty girls and boys (especially today's youth)

You should hop on the hypocritical deathmine train. We'll have 3 deathmines that look pretty, And have interesting mechanics.

One in Space, One in the North Pole, And One in Hell.

Then we can all chill in mine and be eternally punished for our hypocrisy.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »

You should hop on the hypocritical deathmine train. We'll have 3 deathmines that look pretty, And have interesting mechanics.

I'm going to make it my mission to spread the good news of low effort deathmine worlds, so that you're forced to eventually make this world on PC, cause I want to see it in its completed state.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »

I'm going to make it my mission to spread the good news of low effort deathmine worlds, so that you're forced to eventually make this world on PC, cause I want to see it in its completed state.

This map will either be completed 100% on 360, Or it's going into the bin.