Author Topic: [Deathmatch] Infinity - A Space-Themed Deathmine  (Read 212 times)

LB

• Founder of Catsbury and Creditland
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
[Deathmatch] Infinity - A Space-Themed Deathmine
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
Hello! I am LB but also known as Liam Bradbury on Xbox. I am creating a new world which will be hosted alongside my popular challenge map, Creditland. Unlike 90% of deathmine worlds, Infinity will stick to a theme; the theme being in space. The concept of the world is predictable as of now, just a generic deathmine with no unique features but I can assure you that new and original features are going to be added (lots of player-suggested content from Creditland will be carried over).

So why am I creating a deathmine? I am on a long quest to get DemiGod and DemiGoddess and hosting Creditland isn't going to get that quest done. As a disclaimer, I do not like deathmine worlds, in fact I despise them due to the lack of creativity shown in the vast majority of worlds currently being hosted. So effectively I am doing 2 tasks at once: not only am I trying to unlock DemiGod/DemiGoddess, but I am also trying to create a new feature rich deathmine world that could hopefully inspire others to create greater worlds, especially those who are in need of ideas.

I currently have the Original Mines setup with the shop that are completely scripted. The sell block scripts are dependant on variables which isn't generally seen on deathmine worlds. The banks are similar to deathmines, except you press a button and everything is neatly setup and ready to go. Ranks are obtainable by gaining certain amounts of Bolts (the world's currency) and by completing other various tasks.

For those who are interested, pictures will be posted soon of what there is so far. The world is small and needs time to expand, all feedback is much appreciated. I am more than welcome to take constructive criticism that will ultimately take this world to the next level.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Infinity - A Space-Themed Deathmine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
I guess I should make a topic then if you are making one.

We can be hypocrites together.
Two people with talent that is being completely wasted on an uninteresting concept that people like for some reason.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Infinity - A Space-Themed Deathmine
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
setup
an uninteresting concept that people like for some
reason.

You couldn't have summed up the description of a deathmine so perfectly.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld