Author Topic:  Custom Avatars - How Will It Work?  (Read 209 times)

Scotty2Hotty999

• Welcome to my Profile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: VideoGameLord09
  • Steam: scotty2hotty999
Custom Avatars - How Will It Work?
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »
I wasn't sure if there was a topic already made for this but:

I was curious on how we would be creating our custom avatars. Will they be made in-game, or will they be edited textures outside of the game itself? Would we be able to build a giant model of our avatar in-game and then select it with marker blocks and choose "Use as Avatar" or something along those lines?

Thanks!

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
Re: Custom Avatars - How Will It Work?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »
Essentially, it's building a component. The only difference is that when they become a model, they use a special texture pack which cannot (currently) be changed. You will have to manually move the component's file into your specified mod folder via your file explorer.
-Alionz

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Re: Custom Avatars - How Will It Work?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:53:49 AM »
I would assume you get a kind of editor, where you get x by y by z to build for the body&head, the arms, and the legs, then combine them all, going based on the current animations that Craig has.

We may even need to make a skin for each animation frame, which looks like 3 (standing, left step, and right step).

Either method could work, but it would take more effort on the player's end, to create multiple poses and parts.

Hopefully, we get enough RGB colors to make any/a lot of pigments to allow for close/perfect accuracy, as I'll be making a specific genre of them.

PS, I hope we don't have too much of a limit, or a shape limit, as I'd like to make things such as dragons, horses, fish, etc...

Now that I think about it, maybe there could be a special "joint" block where we can specify movements and which face it goes to.

Ex:
360/ball pivot - can move all directions. (For tails)

1 axis pivot - only moves on 1 axis (elbow, knee)

2 axis pivot - moves on 2 axis (hips)

No pivot -(or, just don't add a block)

As well as a degree min max parameter, where you can set the limits so let's say an elbow can go between 90* and 180* (from standard 0* = top) to form a motion of straight down to straight forward, with -90 bending backwards, but we don't want that (or do we...)

Also, maybe a speed option for it as well, to determine how fast it goes through the motion.

Also, an action option, to tell when to trigger the motion (walk, jump, etc)