Author Topic:  REAL djinns  (Read 261 times)

goofy brute

• 🐱
    • View Profile
    • www.1worldglobes.com
    • Awards
  • Xbox: goofy grunt
REAL djinns
« on: January 04, 2017, 05:39:43 PM »
I looked at a real djinn + it's story and am confused why the game's djinn is way off.

I was thinking it should look like a real djinn and have original abillity like stunning the player or flying.
This may not be big, but its really needed.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: REAL djinns
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:42:57 PM »
I was thinking it should look like a real djinn
Djinn are not 'real' and their appearance/characteristics/abilities vary greatly from region to region.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »
I was thinking it should look like a real djinn
Djinn are not 'real' and their appearance/characteristics/abilities vary greatly from region to region.

To add onto this, Craig didn't create the model as far as I am aware.

In addition, I think a model change mod is trivial, And with NPC behaviours, You could make them do whatever the hell you want.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:44:34 AM »
Yeah, take a troll for example. They vary as tiny pests, all the way to giants that wield a club.

Really, the only universal trait between them is that they are ugly. It all depends on what you imagine, or in this case, whoever made the djinn.

When I think of a djinn, I picture the genie from Aladdin, mainly because I grew up with magic the gathering, so I've been told that djinns are pretty much a genie without a lamp.