Poll

What time (Eastern Standard) are you available to play BlockCity? (For statistics purposes)

6AM - 9 AM
0 (0%)
9AM - 12 PM
1 (33.3%)
12PM - 3 PM
1 (33.3%)
3PM - 9 PM
1 (33.3%)
9PM - 6 AM
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: [WIP] Block City - By Angelsage (Klitri)  (Read 353 times)

Klitri

• Fresh Meat
  • Creator of BlockCity
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[WIP] Block City - By Angelsage (Klitri)
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:04:34 AM »
Introduction to BlockCity
WORLD MAP
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Hi everyone, I'm Klitri also known on TotalMinerForge as Angelsage the sole creator of Block City, my role play / Artistic Piece that I've spent over 650 man hours on.
I started this thread to allow "fans" of Block City to discuss, ask questions, and relay information about Block City here in this thread. I cannot garuntee I'll always be around, but when I do drop by I'll be reading all responses carefully, and also adding information to this thread.

What is BlockCity?
BlockCity is the name of the region (Map) and has a long winding history, currently the entire 1024 x 1024 map is used, the entire map has been named "BlockCity," not to be confused with the city of BlockCity (Hereby refered to as The City), which is the capitol of the region. BlockCity has 2 cities and 2 towns, all power in BlockCity is produced in The City by a nuclear power plant.

Geographic Information / Pictures (Coming soon)
Landscape
The Great BlockCity Desert
  The desert covers the northern regions, and contains The City, Lococo City, and many other locations. It is hot, tropical, and mostly flat.
Greenstone Mt.
  Greenstone Mt. Is the highest mountain in BlockCity. Many have attempted to climb to its peak but have been unsuccessful!
The Mountains
  The mountains are the barrier between the desert and the forest. It is barren and contains little structure, however many things remain buried in the mountains even to this day.
The Southern Forest
  The forest covers the southern regions of BlockCity and is cool, somewhat humid, and bumpy with many trees. It has some locations, notably Uptown and Trailerville.

Locations
The City of BlockCity
The City of BlockCity was the first location founded in BlockCity and is the capitol of BlockCity. It features the latest technologies and has a massive population. The City is home to Fusion College (F.C. College), Channel 1 News, The Mall, a Hospital, a police station, and the stadium.
 The City has many available places of work, and is well known for its artistic pieces integrated into The City.

(Upper) East Side
  East Side was founded shortly after The City but was not connected directly to BlockCity until later on in its life. East Side is the residential zone for The City and features few workplaces, East Side Automotives, and Entity Hotel.

Uptown
  Uptown is a rural community that was founded in the southern western region of BlockCity. It contains many homes, schools, and small shops which provide for its small community. It is connected to BlockCity Highway.

Trailerville
  Trailerville is a tiny rural community of trailers founded in the south eastern region of BlockCity. It contains a gas station and is connected to BlockCity Highway

Lococo City
  Lococo City is a destroyed town in the north eastern region of BlockCity. It was invaded by zombies and sectioned off by the BlockCity Council. There is little information surrounding the city and the army has closed Highway Access.

Pictures will be provided soon!!! JAN 3

The History of BlockCity (Extensive)
Ancient History
Unknown History (Lore)
  The Tower of God mysteriously constructed and abandoned by its creator. It is sealed shut and has not been unlocked throughout history. It's secrets are inumerable. (The Tower of God and all references to God are not affiliated with any actual real world religions. All references to God and religion are for entertainment purposes and should not be interpreted as anything otherwise)

- BlockCity founded
  The City of BlockCity was founded under the watchful eye of The Tower of God.

- BlockCity in Ancient History
  The City of BlockCity is known for its high level of technology and its massive population density, however, in Ancient History, the city contained scorpio gravel roads and clunky wooden homes. The residents spent their time working on construction or relaxing in the nearby tavern. Merchants lined the streets in the day and at night residents slept safely in their homes.

- Fusion College founded
  The founding of fusion college began a complex chain of events which eventually led to stability. Residents researched new construction methods and designed new things. Life was stable but brutish.

- The Invention of Technology
  The first (Publically known) invention to spark technological interest was the ATM computer. It was the invention of E Commerce that set motion a series of events eventually leading to the age of development for The City.

The ATM was used to store and retrieve money from The City bank, it had two buttons o  either side and a screen (A sign).

The Age of Development
How do I join Block City / Schedule?
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite ready to release Block City for shares, its a WIP to this day and I want to complete it first!!

Join?
You can feel free to join my game (Angelsage) whenever I am working on it. I am always live when I am playing on BlockCity. If I am not online or I've been offline for a while, feel free to PM me here on the forums! Do not spam my inbox, of course . .

Be aware that Block City occasionally freezes me and shuts down the server, but regular saves prevent damage done and I'd be happy to assist you at any time in game if you have an issue!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:12:50 AM by Klitri »

Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
Re: Block City - By Angelsage (Klitri)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 07:15:42 AM »
You said "BlockCity" 20 times.. Lol.

However this sounds quite good but if you want to attract more people onto your thread and world, you would need to have some pictures of your map posted onto here.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods (overall)
1st in the world to unlock Demigods (legitimately)
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster
YouTube: Jimalene

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
I've been on the map a few times and here's my review I guess.

Firstly, the map is huge, all areas are covered. Script wise it's pretty good - especially the jobs. The buildings are a little basic in places but there is some cool coloured houses that I like.

Overall 3.5/5
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
I've visited a few times aswell. You (the host) swore at a poor guy who didn't know how to open the map, just putting that out there. The buildings are all, simple squares with a couple of rectangles. As Onion said, great scripts but an improve on quality would be awesome.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Klitri

• Fresh Meat
  • Creator of BlockCity
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »
I can't say I recall swearing at a man for asking a question.. Regardless, the buildings were made the way they were on purpose, my map is an artistic expression in my opinion, there's no need for perfection. Thank you anyways for your words, I do mean that, because there is indeed always room for some improvement.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 03:33:19 PM »
Can you please explain you're artistic expression? I'm not really understanding..

The way I see it, you out a couple of markers down, used a fill command and got a square from it :P

Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »
Can you please explain you're artistic expression? I'm not really understanding..

The way I see it, you out a couple of markers down, used a fill command and got a square from it :P

I agree. I don't understand either, we need pictures of the map.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods (overall)
1st in the world to unlock Demigods (legitimately)
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster
YouTube: Jimalene

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 04:04:25 PM »

To be completely honest, That doesn't really matter at all.

I actually have a soft spot for simplistic art forms if they are done in a way that makes sense.

You can do a LOT with just colours and simple geometric shapes.

I once played a map that was a linear RPG type map. The terraforming was blocky, The walls of the canyons were just stacks of grass blocks, But it was a really fun map that had effort put into it.

There is also a map on the title screen which is super simplistic and cartoony looking. I really wish I got to see that one because I just kinda like the style if it is done in the right way.

To me, Gameplay is always more important than visuals.

Everyone here has said that the scripts and gameplay are great, So I think this map fills the role it is meant to fill.

I've been on this map, I rated it either 3 or 4 stars. I like the time that has been put into it. I like the little things like the random NPC dialogue. I like the sheer amount of stuff there is without anything (Aside from the compass) seeming spammed or crowded.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Klitri

• Fresh Meat
  • Creator of BlockCity
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 04:22:55 PM »
Thank you Father! ;) You hit the nail on the head with that one. BlockCity is a completely functional map, all of the buildings serve a purpose and each building is built personally and with care to ensure it is *perfect*!

I suppose if I ever remade the map, I would make the buildings differently, but the way it is now it is exactly how I want it to be. I provided pictures in the spoilers however they are rather large....

Anyway, I am showing off my map because it is something I wish I could have played on myself years ago, its a (freaking) BlockCity :D
Not to try to be better than anyone else, honestly this map is my hobby rather than an actual focus, its meant to be fun and that's why I consider it an artistic expression, rather than, say, an actual level. :)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 04:47:26 PM »
don't let other people's opinion affect you and what you build

when it comes down to it,noone else's opinion really matters.sure theres room for criticism,but if they dislike it just because they think its "simple" then that's their own opinion lol.Don't pay attention to them because at the end of the day,its your map and no matter how good of a builder you are,simple or detailed,or no matter your style,as long as you're happy and enjoy playing the game then that's all that really matters

Klitri

• Fresh Meat
  • Creator of BlockCity
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 01:25:34 PM »
I am bringing BlockCity to Toronto with me since I am moving :P
I am saying this just to say that I won't be able to host during this move.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 03:23:11 PM »
I wasn't trying to put you're building style down, as I even rated 4 stars myself. All I was trying to hint at is adventure more.Yes, the map is awesome and I'm not capable of building city maps but it'd be nice to see some different variations of buildings.

Apologies.