Author Topic: [Other] Total Miner Discord  (Read 1897 times)

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
[Other] Total Miner Discord
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »

Total Miner Now has a Discord Server, everyone is welcome and encouraged to join.

This is a great way to meet and stay in contact with active total miner players, new total miner players, and people who may not play Total Miner yet but are interested in checking out the game. So whether If you're working on something neat in TM you want to show off, just want some quick advice with a script, or simply want to gossip and find new people to play with, hop in.

You can also take part in Contests / Events / Xbox-Steam Card Giveaways

Simple questions can be answered relatively fast in the discord, although if you have a question requiring a more technical answer we ask that you post it here on the forums. This way a better answer can be provided, and it's logged for all others to see who might also have the same question.

Craig our developer is also a member of this chat.

Anyone who joins before the PC version is released, will be tagged "Pre-PC"

Also using the same roles as the forums/Color Spice, so many of your forum positions / awards / permissions will carry over as roles on the Discord Server

We'd love to rely on the older experienced members to help answer new and prospective members questions.
Keep in mind the Discord is still brand new, so expect it to be a little quiet at times as we're just getting started!

===================================================

Update 1/2/17

I want to thank everyone who has participated so far, we have had a great start thanks to you all. Already some great original content has been posted.

Today we reached a record high With nearly 5,500 messages sent over the last 24 hours. Each day we are gaining new members from all over, we have had a high number of steam players join, some who used to play total miner 4 to 5 years ago! And a few have never even heard of Total Miner thanks to our advertisements.

Please feel welcome to invite all your friends to join, spreading awareness is a community effort, the more the merrier!
Once pc hits we are expecting the discord to explode with new members. get your pre-pc tag before that happens.

1/6/17 At 12:00AM Midnight We will close week one, and award our current members with the discord equivalent of the forums award "founder" This is a one time deal, So don't miss out!

I also want to extend thanks to all our staff, thanks a bunch guys for making this work!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest League

We are also planning to start a contest league for total miner this year, however we are going to wait and start the league until PC version is out.

Links for everything you need to know on how to sign up for the league can be found on the announcements chat on our discord server

Currently there will be a few stand alone contests, and random give aways

Assorted Types of Contests will be held Bi-weekly,

Prizes will either be Xbox Live gift cards or Steam cards/games at request. Seasonal winners will win a plaque along with an undetermined cash award.

(The current calendar is an example and WILL change, the League will not start until PC Release. And because we don't have an exact date on when that may be all dates will change/be pushed back)

All links to contests sign ups and their times will posted on the calendar dates a week before the actual contests, as well as pinned in the discord announcements, More detailed information and rules are also linked on the calendar. It's pretty much the master source.

Parkour and PVP contests will be run through http://challonge.com/
So make sure to create an account there, It makes sign-ups / check-ins much more organized.
Again all "challonge" links registrations and check ins can be found on the calendar

All rules and points scoring data are subject to change before the start of the league, its semi-wip

As of now contests will consist of

PVP
Parkour
Building
Particles
Survival

And will continue to grow

The points system will be unique to contest types so contests such as building will offer more seasonal points than those of parkour. I'll do my best to find an appropriate balance

Also your Contest Ideas are wholeheartedly welcome,

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:44:40 PM by Steve »

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
Re: Total Miner Seasonal Contest League
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:07 PM »
Sounds great! If I have a day off during a contest, I'll join. Id also like to make a contest map for one of them as well.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
Sounds great! If I have a day off during a contest, I'll join. Id also like to make a contest map for one of them as well.

sweet, would absolutely love some help on a map for a contest,

And if sundays are a bad day for you, we can perhaps find some other time of day, or perhaps even saturdays.
The time I choose defiantly is flexible, but was one I thought most people would have off.

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 10:54:06 PM »
Oh and As some added incentive to try and kick-start our little group, I'll be doing random give aways in our discord chat.
Some might be better than others, it depends on what I have to give out. I'll probably either post random codes in the chat and the first player who enters them gets them, or do some by random selection as well.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:04:10 AM by Steve »

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:12:22 AM »
So very excited to see this happen!

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »
Sorry if I missed it but what types of challenges will there be besides pvp or parkour? Perhaps building challenges either build offs or building the description  given and top 5 are chosen? Particle building challenges?
https://m.

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:23:40 AM »
Sorry if I missed it but what types of challenges will there be besides pvp or parkour? Perhaps building challenges either build offs or building the description  given and top 5 are chosen? Particle building challenges?

Apologies for being unclear in op, I've updated it

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:04:36 AM by Steve »

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 03:03:33 AM »
Something along best mod(PC) would be cool to see if you do anything for PC

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 04:04:37 AM »
I've not played total miner for a couple of months now,  simply because I've been busy and would rather wait until the PC release.
However, I am willing to step back and give this contest thing a go! - I'll view it as an insight to PC.

When is the first contest scheduled to be held?

I'll sign up to the groups later.
Thanks, looking forward to it.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 08:02:49 AM »
I've not played total miner for a couple of months now,  simply because I've been busy and would rather wait until the PC release.
However, I am willing to step back and give this contest thing a go! - I'll view it as an insight to PC.

When is the first contest scheduled to be held?

I'll sign up to the groups later.
Thanks, looking forward to it.

January 8th 

update I'm going to wait until PC starts to start the league, However there might be some random stand alone contests hosted through the discord chat before
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:43:17 AM by Steve »

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »
Here's an idea, Dig Deep and Survival contests.

Maybe a race to bedrock type thing, Or a survival PVP thing.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »
Here's an idea, Dig Deep and Survival contests.

Maybe a race to bedrock type thing, Or a survival PVP thing.

Each player gets one hour of peace and by the end of that hour they need to gather everything they need. Then they are teleported to the arena to fight to the death?

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 10:02:26 AM »
OP Update: I think it's unwise to start the league until PC is released, So for the time being there will just be stand alone contests, and random give aways to build anticipation. I've posted this on the steam page as well so we can start filling up our slots with steam players

You are encouraged to register for the league still, although there will be no league contests until PC Stand alone contests will soon be added onto the calendar and will be a pinkish purple color

Register:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzoEf3MuDBzdXm8WucVPLwfGU1Bo7cAdn0IBSHShecCij8Dg/viewform
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:05:10 AM by Steve »

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
Re: Total Miner Discord
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »
OP Update,

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
Re: Total Miner Discord
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 02:42:36 PM »
I have applied to be a league member, hope I get accepted :)