Author Topic:  IsInZone adition  (Read 219 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
IsInZone adition
« on: December 19, 2016, 04:51:46 AM »
currently it determines what zone the player would be in,but has no specific way to tell if they're in a specific zone

if there was a option or querie for a specific zone,or [name] then that could be helpful in some situations

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Re: IsInZone adition
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:15:41 AM »
currently it determines what zone the player would be in,but has no specific way to tell if they're in a specific zone

This makes no sense.

Can't you just give the player a history mark relative to the zone name when they enter the zone and have it check that history? Then remove that history mark when they leave the zone?

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IsInZone adition
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:32:29 AM »

This makes no sense.

Can't you just give the player a history mark relative to the zone name when they enter the zone and have it check that history? Then remove that history mark when they leave the zone?
what if you want actionX to happen before the history check while in the zone,or before you give them the history/or so you dont have to give them a history?

ex:once player 1 has item a +b,once they enter the zone,then action x happens,instead of being given the history first to perform action x in the zone

right now i have it for my script setup to where you enter the zone for the 1st time,or for my situation,to cook something...if you say you want to cook something,it checks if you have duck and the fuel(for my setup i have mushrooms).if you dont have them then it says to gather the needed materials before being able to proceed.once you go to your storage/s to get the duck and mushroom and/or chicken,once returning,it then moves onto the 2nd part and opens the furnace menu.ect

a problem i ran into was once i got the 2nd item i needed,the menu that says(again this is just for my situation specifically) that youre cooking duck and opens up a furnace block...the only problem was is that i had sub-scripts tied to the script used in the zone on a loop to check inventory and once i got the 2nd item in my inventory,then it wouldve started the part opening up the furnace block,but not in the right zone

i got a work around for this to where i made it check if i was in a non escape zone,but if there was a IsInZone [Name] option,then this could be helpful in this kind of situation

sorry if that sounds confusing or isnt clear/if my current setup is flawed(prob is as im trying different stuff)