Author Topic:  West Wood City  (Read 1573 times)

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
West Wood City
« on: December 18, 2016, 06:30:53 AM »
Over the past few weeks I have been working on a city called West Wood. So far it mainly consists of high rise skyscrapers, a detailed intersection, lampposts and a few cars along the road.

I am starting off with the city centre and then I will be expanding my way outwards where I will then start to build houses and other buildings around the outskirts of the inner city.

I plan on making this city very detailed as Total Miner still mainly consists of mediocre deathmines. Most cities that you see mainly consists of straight roads and minor landscaping, but I plan on making curved roads and big mansions. Something that you don't see quite often (on this game)

I have even went as far as to plan my city layout on a piece of paper that I keep adding additions onto when I get the chance to.

At the time of this being posted, this is what I have built so far:

14 buildings altogether.
12 of them are modern designed skyscrapers.
1 of these buildings is a 5 story car park.
And the final building is them famous triangular building known as the 'Flatiron Building'
I still have to do all of the interiors for all of the buildings, but that's not my main priority at this moment.

I am going to build a few more skyscrapers and then I will move on to building, city houses and then eventually smaller shops and more!

In the future when Total Miner PC comes out. I am hoping to transfer this word over to PC where I can continue working on it.

Once I am happy with its progress and it is very detailed, I will probably make a copy of the world and make it into a 'hunger games' map where I am planning on doing giveaways. For example £10 or £25 steam cards, Xbox One gold memberships and PSN vouchers!

Just something I would like to give back to the community.

All I need now is for someone to come on and take some picture of my map (I'm looking at you Nazty ;)) and post them to this thread so I can physically show you guys my work on this city so far.

Thank you so much for reading!

- Jimalene

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
Re: West Wood City
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »
I joined 10 minutes ago and decided to get some photos. They are not the best quality but you will still see what I saw.

Edit: I had to resize them

"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »
Thanks for the photos but your camera or whatever you took the pictures with has actually changed the colour of some of the blocks lol.

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
XD
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒´)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 12:22:51 PM »
Looks fantastic! Are these buildings copies of real life buildings, inspired by, or completely your own?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »
Looks fantastic! Are these buildings copies of real life buildings, inspired by, or completely your own?

There's 1-2 I got inspired from off YouTube and 1 is actually a real life building that I tried to re-create, here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatiron_Building

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
I saw a post similar to casual onions about him saying that he isn't going to be hosting much. I'm on the same boat as him, however I've just lost interest in building and carrying on with this world right now.

I will, of course, carry on with the world once PC edition has been released but as it is right now, I've lost interest.

I may still go back on and work at it maybe once or twice per week but right now I just don't want to.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »
I saw a post similar to casual onions about him saying that he isn't going to be hosting much. I'm on the same boat as him, however I've just lost interest in building and carrying on with this world right now.

I will, of course, carry on with the world once PC edition has been released but as it is right now, I've lost interest.

I may still go back on and work at it maybe once or twice per week but right now I just don't want to.

I think it's because of (sadly) how quiet it is now      when hosting, probably due to people moving to Ps4, Xbone and Pc. I've also lost all inspiration too  :!
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Oakley

• Have a great day :)
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MisterCreeperX
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 12:26:20 AM »
Over the past few weeks I have been working on a city called West Wood. So far it mainly consists of high rise skyscrapers, a detailed intersection, lampposts and a few cars along the road.

I am starting off with the city centre and then I will be expanding my way outwards where I will then start to build houses and other buildings around the outskirts of the inner city.

I plan on making this city very detailed as Total Miner still mainly consists of mediocre deathmines. Most cities that you see mainly consists of straight roads and minor landscaping, but I plan on making curved roads and big mansions. Something that you don't see quite often (on this game)

I have even went as far as to plan my city layout on a piece of paper that I keep adding additions onto when I get the chance to.

At the time of this being posted, this is what I have built so far:

14 buildings altogether.
12 of them are modern designed skyscrapers.
1 of these buildings is a 5 story car park.
And the final building is them famous triangular building known as the 'Flatiron Building'
I still have to do all of the interiors for all of the buildings, but that's not my main priority at this moment.

I am going to build a few more skyscrapers and then I will move on to building, city houses and then eventually smaller shops and more!

In the future when Total Miner PC comes out. I am hoping to transfer this word over to PC where I can continue working on it.

Once I am happy with its progress and it is very detailed, I will probably make a copy of the world and make it into a 'hunger games' map where I am planning on doing giveaways. For example £10 or £25 steam cards, Xbox One gold memberships and PSN vouchers!

Just something I would like to give back to the community.

All I need now is for someone to come on and take some picture of my map (I'm looking at you Nazty ;)) and post them to this thread so I can physically show you guys my work on this city so far.

Thank you so much for reading!

- Jimalene

Wow, this is looking great so far, I really like the building designs, do you mind if I use the pictures as inspiration? My favourite is the Flatrion building, I instantly recognised that building from GTA IV, very famous building in New York. It would be great to see this in-game maybe some day. Good job on the designs (and the roads.)
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

What could be in here I wonder (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 06:02:00 AM »
All I need now is for someone to come on and take some picture of my map (I'm looking at you Nazty )

it would be really cool if you added a creek or stream coming from like a sewage pipe coming from underneath the road over by the grassy area by the gas station....maybe that could lead to a sewage system for your city...maybe the creek or stream could lead to a bigger body of water,and/or make that area woodsy

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »
All I need now is for someone to come on and take some picture of my map (I'm looking at you Nazty )

it would be really cool if you added a creek or stream coming from like a sewage pipe coming from underneath the road over by the grassy area by the gas station....maybe that could lead to a sewage system for your city...maybe the creek or stream could lead to a bigger body of water,and/or make that area woodsy

I will end up doing that but right now I'm just bored of total miner, but thanks for the suggestion!

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 03:49:13 AM »
Also I forgot to say thank you for posting the photos of my world to this thread.

So thank you Nazty!

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 09:06:55 AM »
Also I forgot to say thank you for posting the photos of my world to this thread.

So thank you Nazty!
ye

Just lmk when u need updated pictures and then I'll swing by again

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »

So thank you Nazty!
ye

Just lmk when u need updated pictures and then I'll swing by again

Aye will do.

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 05:48:52 AM »
So I've started getting back into Total Miner and have specifically gotten back to working on this map again. I have added a few more things from the last time I updated this post.

I have added:

Garage/filling station
Motorcycle dealership
Walmart with a big car park
Row of city houses
3 more skyscrapers

My next move is to add a square in the centre of a load of buildings and houses, similar to 'Legion Square' from GTA5: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_Square

After that I will be making more roads and highways that will eventually lead to a huge airport that I plan on making.