Author Topic:  Slabs and stairs.  (Read 285 times)

Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
Slabs and stairs.
« on: December 14, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »
I have a quick question about slabs and stairs on Total Miner PC (question is mainly aimed at Craig as its up to him to add this feature)

Quick question: Will slabs and stairs be changed PC when you place them?

What I mean is currently on Total Miner when you place slabs and stairs, it can be quite awkward to place them in the specific direction you want, example, when you want to place an upside-down stair, you have to put a block above that stair and place the stair on the underside of the block. This is really frustrating when building a house or building as you then have to go back and delete the blocks that you used in order to get the upside down stair.

I am just wondering will this be changed to act like Minecraft's slabs and stairs. On that game, you just have to look at the top half of a block and place the stair and it will automatically be placed upside down, same with slabs, which (in my opinion) is far better than what happens in Total Miner right now.

It is so handy and is really useful for us builders.

So overall, will this be a feature that could be added onto PC? I know this isn't a top priority but it is a really handy feature which should be implemented.

Thanks  ::)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

CriminalDuck007

• This is Personal... and its text ^~^
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: CriminalDuck007
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
Re: Slabs and stairs.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »
yes, i agree comepletely. The game lacks a lot of the "little but convient" features and this is one
+1
There is a whole world out there do something with it...........or dont, but i think you should ^~^

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:36:28 AM »
I'd prefer for stairs to act the same, but the slabs would be better if altered to the minecraft placing method.

Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:22:21 AM »
I'd prefer for stairs to act the same, but the slabs would be better if altered to the minecraft placing method.

Yeah I wish the slabs were to act like minecrafts placing method. However I think the stairs should act like minecrafts method too. It just saves so much time and hassle to go back and delete the blocks you placed, in order to get the upside-down stairs.

It's a small feature but it's really efficient.

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 12:38:15 PM »

I am fine with the way upside down stairs are placed, But the way stairs are rotated needs to change. Having to have a block to place the stairs off of in order to orient rooves properly makes me want to tear my hair out.

Same with trying to orient upside down stairs. It is actually infuriating.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »

I am fine with the way upside down stairs are placed, But the way stairs are rotated needs to change. Having to have a block to place the stairs off of in order to orient rooves properly makes me want to tear my hair out.

Someone understands my pain.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »

It's moderately annoying to say the least.
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 03:37:41 AM »
This is really frustrating when building a house or building as you then have to go back and delete the blocks that you used in order to get the upside down stair.
For now, use Marker blocks. Then you can remove them all in one go.

Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 07:07:47 AM »
This is really frustrating when building a house or building as you then have to go back and delete the blocks that you used in order to get the upside down stair.

Alrighty then  :)

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »

That's all fine and dandy in creative mode, But in any other game mode, That essentially flushes entire stacks of gold down the toilet if you can even use the clear marker function.

It also still doesn't help with the rotation of upside down stairs.
I may actually make a script which allows you to just change the rotation of a stair by swinging a stick at it. It should be trivial tbh.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:36:58 AM »

That's all fine and dandy in creative mode, But in any other game mode, That essentially flushes entire stacks of gold down the toilet if you can even use the clear marker function.

I may actually make a script which allows you to just change the rotation of a stair by swinging a stick at it. It should be trivial tbh.
You could make a script in digdeep and survival to move a script block when it turns off. Activated by looking at it.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 11:23:26 AM »

You could make a script in digdeep and survival to move a script block when it turns off. Activated by looking at it.

How would that be helpful here exactly?

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hallo
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
Have the Script Block move diagonal, and so whenever you place a Stair block, the Script Block will no longer be visible, running the script to move it, and build stairs as such. There are a few possible issues that could occur with it.
-Alionz