Author Topic:  how to set settings for particle emitters on scripts  (Read 161 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
how to set settings for particle emitters on scripts
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:55:49 PM »
so i wanted to have this grill powered by a script block to where it emits from the script block and not from all of the emitters i used to make it

i copied all of the settings over to a script to where i set the xyz to Rel:0,0,0
but i got this instead of the grill

what do i have to do to where it emits from the script block or what do i have to change the xyz's on each of the settings to?

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: how to set settings for particle emitters on scripts
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
I think what you've done is this. Imagine you set all of the offsets in your emitter blocks as 0,0,0. Because the blocks are all individual particles, and they're all at the centre of the block.

So to fix this, think of an exploded diagram. If you don't know what an exploded diagram is, look it up in google images. Your current set up shows the grill in an exploded diagram. You want to smush the pieces back together. Think offsets in the emitter block. You have to basically set the offsets, but in scripts instead of in the emitter block.

Make sense?
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:50:52 AM »
I think what you've done is this. Imagine you set all of the offsets in your emitter blocks as 0,0,0. Because the blocks are all individual particles, and they're all at the centre of the block.

So to fix this, think of an exploded diagram. If you don't know what an exploded diagram is, look it up in google images. Your current set up shows the grill in an exploded diagram. You want to smush the pieces back together. Think offsets in the emitter block. You have to basically set the offsets, but in scripts instead of in the emitter block.

Make sense?
yes,was afraid of that

why cant it just be simple xD

Edit:its simple...i just have to subtract 1 from the y on each new line
so itll be like this:

0,-1,0
0,-2.0
ect
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:12:24 AM by .ok »

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 08:13:15 AM »
That looks to me like you just copied the offsets straight over to the script block.

With particle emitters, You have to mess with the Y offset and make it one block higher because the emitter is one block lower than the last (If you are doing a tower of emitters) With a script block, All of the particles are emitted in one place.

Also, If you are using emit pos offset in your scripts, I recommend you switch to just using the particle's coordinates instead. It's easier that way.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym