Author Topic:  Marooca's RPG [AKA The Unaesthetic Game]  (Read 252 times)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
Marooca's RPG [AKA The Unaesthetic Game]
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:07:14 AM »
So I've been getting back in to game development again lately, specifically 2D because Unity's 3D (and 2D to some extent) physics engine infuriates me to no end. Now, obviously by the footage you can tell I'm not the artistic type. I'm not necessarily trying to make a visually appealing game at the moment, more so a functional one.

Anyways since all the cool kids have been making gamedev threads on here for a while I figured I'd do the same, I'll post progress updates here occasionally as I learn more about pixel art, janky physics engines, and 2D game development. Enjoy.

Things I've Finished:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
  • Basic movement
  • Loading individual armor pieces (helmet, body, legs, cloak)
  • Dialog boxes
  • Custom collision and movement system

Things I'd Like to Do
  • Quests
  • NPC's
  • Combat system
  • Player stats
  • Art that looks like it wasn't made by a blind child
  • etc (generic RPG elements here)

Footage

You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Marooca's RPG [AKA The Unaesthetic Game]
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:27:18 AM »
Cool cape. Do you intend to have the player move smoothly between tiles rather than the instant jump? I didn't see it on your todo list.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
Re: Marooca's RPG [AKA The Unaesthetic Game]
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »
Cool cape. Do you intend to have the player move smoothly between tiles rather than the instant jump? I didn't see it on your todo list.

Thanks, and yep. Working on it right now :)
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.