Author Topic:  Rack City - builders/scripters needed  (Read 1468 times)

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
Re: Builders/Scripters needed
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 07:08:14 PM »
I can also provide Particle/Building/Scripts assistance 
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

Oakley

• Have a great day :)
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MisterCreeperX
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »
I can also provide Particle/Building/Scripts assistance

Thanks, that would be awesome if you could help out too, I need to update the thread anyway to add some new pictures so I'll add you to the list. I hadn't thought about particles for this map yet but it's a good idea so I'll also update "builders" to builders/particle makers
:)
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Click HERE to join my discord server.

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »
OP updated
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Rack City - builders/scripters needed
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 06:06:57 PM »
Updated - Dec 18th!

New picture added to 'updated pictures'
Name changed to Rack City 8)
Huge 511 blocks tall skyscraper added
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 08:58:35 AM »
Thanks to you I started building a city and I'm quite proud of what I have done so far. It's called West Wood.

You're free to join me when I'm on and take some skyscraper ideas if you want!

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 07:38:46 AM »
Theses are some better quality pictures than the ones I took

Photographer:
.Ok (Ugh That's Nazty)

Thanks for the pics Nazty :)

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 07:42:03 AM »
Thanks to you I started building a city and I'm quite proud of what I have done so far. It's called West Wood.

You're free to join me when I'm on and take some skyscraper ideas if you want!

Cool, I'd like to see that, and I definitely need some more inspiration because I'm starting to run out of ideas for building designs
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

CriminalDuck007

• This is Personal... and its text ^~^
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: CriminalDuck007
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2016, 11:15:43 AM »
I would love to help out with the mass building and getting it to scale the whole map, but i dont have gold so i couldnt right now anyway. But good job, nice map  :)
There is a whole world out there do something with it...........or dont, but i think you should ^~^

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
I would love to help out with the mass building and getting it to scale the whole map, but i dont have gold so i couldnt right now anyway. But good job, nice map  :)

Ok, it would be cool if you could do some building when you get gold, I would like to see what designs different people have so that's why I'm trying to get as many people as possible to help/give some inspiration. Thanks Duck :)
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
UPDATES:

I have done quite a bit of work on this map since I last updated this thread, I have added things and taken things away, but it's looking great now.

Scripting/particle & building help is still needed for this world, so anybody that would like to help out can let me know by replying. Here are some pictures of the most recent updates to the map, I apologise in advance for the bad quality.

FARM:
My friend (Mr Minecraft) now has his own farm where you can earn GP for harvesting the crops. In addition to this, there is a salt mine around the back of the farm, you will earn GP for the salt blocks, too.

APARTMENTS:
There are now two rows of apartment buildings that will be up for rent in the near future once I have made the buy script for them. You can rent any of there apartments for 5,000 GP every 5 in-game days. It is advisable to get a job on the map as you will have to keep up payments for an apartment. Failure to pay rent on time may result in immediate termination of your apartment. Additionally, you may also have to pay a fine of up to 2,000 GP on top of any unpaid rent, fail our to pay this will result in a jail sentence and you may be put to work on the farm to pay off your debts.

ROADS:
The roads have been extended somewhat, and have more buildings next to them now. Jim did a really good job on the intersection you'll see in this picture.

SHOP:
There is now a shop run by Mr Minecraft where you can buy food. The prices for the food are set by him, as it's his shop. Just look for the leather coloured skyscraper and you'll find the shop.

The leather coloured skyscraper, as mentioned, also has floors that players can rent out for their own businesses if they'd like to have one. The same rules apply here as they do with the apartment buildings, so it is a good idea to get a job in order to be able to pay your rent.
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
BAD NEWS :(

I messed up, not just a little bit, I messed up big time. I already made most of the roads 11 blocks wide, 5 blocks of dark gray on each side, and 1 block for the middle where the center lines go, then there is a bit in the middle where the street lights go, and then another road the same on the other side (see 'Roads' in above post.) now I am faced with a huge problem that I don't know whether or not I'll be able to fix, because the roads I. Just mentioned are coming off on intersection, and the intersection is much wider on one side than it is on the other. Before I realised this, I had already moved some buildings out of the way and removed some of the pavement (or sidewalk if you're american) to try and make the roads the same on all sides, but this is not possible due to the intersection being different widths on two sides of it. So now Rack City is currently a complete mess and I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I am going to work on it in the next few days to see if there's anything that I can do to fix this, but if not, they I may have to delete it and start again. Considering the amount of hard work that has already gone into Rack City, I REALLY don't want to have to do this, but if I cannot fix this then I may have no choice. I know that if I have to rebuild Rack City, it will not be the same as it was, but this is a big problem that I will do all I can to try and fix. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions then I would very much appreciate it, because I really hope that it doesn't have to come to this.
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »
Show us a picture of your mistake and we will offer suggestions. Or I will if nobody else does :)
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 10:04:07 PM »
Show us a picture of your mistake and we will offer suggestions. Or I will if nobody else does :)

The problem is that the longer roads with the lights in the middle, are wider than the other two incomplete roads. I am going to try making narrower roads there but I'm not really confident that it will turn out ok. I was originally going to change the intersection to make it the same width on all sides, but realised that I can't really do that because I would have to move the completed roads back, which would take quite a long time to do. There is always the option of copying a section of the completed roads, removing them and then changing the intersection, then pasting them back but again that would be a long process and I may also have to move some buildings back too, and I've already removed and replaced the apartment buildings at least 6 or 7 times due to mistakes (I know, lol.) so I'm pretty stuck on what to do at the moment, but I'm going to do all I can to try and save this map.

And thanks for offering to help :)
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 07:10:22 AM »
It doesn't look awful, they could be side streets maybe? But you have a number of options here.

1) Narrow down the widest Street. You'll have to copy, delete and replace those buildings.
2) Widen the side streets. You'd realistically only have to the above process with the buildings on the corner.
3) Leave it as is. It's not awful looking to be honest.

And a top tip for the future, build the roads first and the buildings after - that's what I find easiest.
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
TBH
It looks perfect as is,especially with the road lines you have atm