Author Topic:  [Local] to Item and Blueprint commands  (Read 162 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
[Local] to Item and Blueprint commands
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
I suggested this for 2.44 when the Item command was announced, But got this response.

Is there a way it could be made local to players?
It would be easier, except for split screen. But because of split screen it's harder, so will stay global, at least for 2.44.

The way I see it, PC won't have split screen, So all things that would have been difficult for split screen can now be added. Eg. This, Local wind modifiers, Etc.

This would be really great for many different mechanics. For example, Maybe it becomes easier to craft something the higher your crafting level, Or you could completely override the current strength mechanic and set the damage of the weapon to be based off of your strength level.

Ooooor, My favourite example. You can set a native language to a player and have all of the item names and descriptions be in that language.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Re: [Local] to Item and Blueprint commands
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »
Everything I have will be written in Al-Bhed and you must decypher it.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:13:26 PM »
Everything I have will be written in Al-Bhed and you must decypher it.

You can do that now... The only thing you can't do is make that specific to only one person.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
Well, that's the problem. To understand it, you'd have to find the book to help you translate for each letter, and if you found the right book, the letters would change for you.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
Well, that's the problem. To understand it, you'd have to find the book to help you translate for each letter, and if you found the right book, the letters would change for you.

Or you could have it work like an actual language where you have to remember the words to read the words.